Author Topic: Douglas A-26 Invader  (Read 785 times)

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
Douglas A-26 Invader
« on: 17-09-2017, 07:09:22 »
Hey guys, I am the Battlefield: Korea mod leader. I wanted to ask if we could share some content with you in exchange for use of the unused Corsair?

Here is the texture before we changed it up for Korea. Please ignore the stance of the plane, it is fixed now.

And here is what it looks like now.

The version you will have will be able to use the WW2 paint job.

The plane has 30k polygons, so it is large, yet optimized for FH2.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas A-26 Invader
« Reply #1 on: 17-09-2017, 16:09:58 »
I think Stubbfan will be the one to talk to about this. Afaik, only the CMP could use the 'Invader' but the Corsair was made by PointBlank, an FH2 Dev. I haven't seen him around in a while tho.

Nice 'Invader' :)

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-09-2017, 23:09:37 »
Yeah, he can't give permission he said. So I figured it is worth a shot here. Also, the A-26 Invader was in the European theater, and was noted for being able to turn inside of a BF109 and was very fast. So I think it would fit well in Europe better than Pacific maybe, since it seems to have only gotten very little use there.

I have been trying to get contact information for PointBlank for a long time now, like email or something at least.

If we can;t be granted permission to use the Corsair we will just get one exported, but it would save a lot of work if we shared stuff. I would love to see the A-26 in FH2 since it is a highly detailed plane, and has a really nice cockpit.
« Last Edit: 17-09-2017, 23:09:45 by Anthony817 »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-09-2017, 02:09:52 »
I think the only 2 maps FH2 could use it on is Bastogne and Meuse River since apparently the Army Air Force didn't start receiving them until September of 1944.

It could be cool on Meuse tho since it's a semi-fictional map and the planes are meant for close-support ground attack purposes.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-09-2017, 02:09:55 »
Yeah, it is a good idea on Meuse. It is a really fun map. I had lots of fun flying the mustang on it last time I played.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-09-2017, 03:09:20 »
It could def be used on multiple maps for CMP. It looks much better than the FH1 port imo. The cockpit model looks nice as well. Just needs a bit better re-texture imo.

who made it? was it bought from a site?

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-09-2017, 04:09:03 »
General_Bradly of IDF mod exported it for us. Not sure where he got it I think he said it was sitting on his HDD for ages. It was originally a 50k poly model, but he got it down to 30k. It is one of the nicer aircraft we have next to our Sikorsky H19 transport helicopter.

Yeah, the Night Fighter texture variant I had made, and it is my first full aircraft retexture ever, so there are many areas needing improvements. The Night Fighter variant we have is strictly a Korean War livery, but the WW2 era texture is pretty good.

I could pass it along to you if you would like to look at it?

I should also mention, CMP was going to get this regardless since they have been helping us borrow stuff for BFK and my new Battlefield 1943 recreation mod where we are recreating the console exclusive game in BF2. But I was just hoping we might get the main FH2 leaders attention here and the modding Gods might bless us with being able to get usage of the Corsair, since it was such an instrumental aircraft in Korea.  :P
« Last Edit: 18-09-2017, 04:09:50 by Anthony817 »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-09-2017, 21:09:52 »
Please devs, bring this beauty to FH2! I love this plane in FHSW, it's very fun to fly (and fast! ... Which might be a problem in FH2 as the only maps where it would fit are quite cramped... )
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-09-2017, 03:09:02 »
IRL it is really a very fast prop plane, but we gave it similar stats to the Mosquito, so it feels very similar to that plane, and as such is already set up for FH2 basically. It is more of a slower plane in game similar to the other medium bomber/attack aircraft.