Author Topic: Call of Duty: WW2  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Call of Duty: WW2
« on: 26-04-2017, 21:04:47 »
I know some of you have been following this so I'll make a post about it. Curious what some people think considering most of us on these forums hate COD but love WW2 ;D

The Reveal Trailer came out today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Q_XYVescc

Looks like Call of Duty 2: Big Red One which was my favorite installment. Except now it seems that they took out the cool North Africa and Italian levels to stick with West Europe :'(

They always have compelling Singleplayer storylines, so maybe I'll watch a walkthrough on Youtube when it comes out :P

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: WW2
« Reply #1 on: 26-04-2017, 21:04:26 »
From the first 30 seconds, I know it is historically inaccurate.  ;D
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-04-2017, 21:04:52 »
Well yea, I'm not gonna hold every WW2 game to the standards of FH. I just wish they would diversify themselves. I know it's been a long time since we've seen a WW2 game, and I know they want to sell to the widest market, but we've seen Omaha 1,000,000 times.

Big Red One was my favorite because it followed 1 unit and had a compelling storyline and ALSO included things never before seen in WW2 FPS's like fighting the Vichy French in NA and then landing at Gela and fighting through Troina.

They had the chance to do that here but it looks like they won't. This is all based on a trailer tho so who knows, maybe it'll be expanded.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-2017, 21:04:51 »
I just hate when in Omaha beach maps in games they have the SPR bunkers. I am wondering if I should send a notification to the CoD devs about TS4ever's dev blog about the FH2 Omaha beach....
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-04-2017, 22:04:35 »
First impressions:  :-\ Eh..., it looks nice but it feels like the recent CoD Hollywood shooters.

When I saw leaked images of soldiers bearing the "Big Red One" I was hoping for more than just Europe like Matthew said. I want to see fighting in French Algiers, Sicily, Italy, all that good stuff. I guess it's just generic American European campaign that we all haven't seen enough of. Also, it's just the American campaign (so far we've seen) and nothing else. I at least hoped for a secondary Russian one like in World at War (that campaign was fantastic). Oh well.

Also I hate the desaturation in shooting games like this and BF1. Add some damn colour in the game!
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-06-2017, 13:06:58 »
5 words: black female US airborne soldier. Why don't we have such in FH2?
« Last Edit: 23-06-2017, 00:06:51 by Dancho »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-06-2017, 14:06:59 »
5 words: black female US airborne soldier. Why don't we have such on FH2?

Better yet: Black female SS soldier.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-06-2017, 16:06:24 »
If we could make player models so easily, we would have the early ostfront already.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-06-2017, 18:06:08 »

What did they do to the beautiful BAR?  :'(
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-06-2017, 22:06:51 »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-06-2017, 22:06:53 »

What did they do to the beautiful BAR?  :'(

I guess it's not called "WW2" anymore is it now? Unless they invented holographic weapon sight back then, I kinda forget.... ;)

Holy.. Is that a bayonet I see?

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-06-2017, 23:06:03 »

Why not?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-06-2017, 12:06:58 »
For some reason, the reveal trailer had an endless "I confirm" loop for me, no matter what browser, but a mirror link worked.

A few scenes seemed cinematic, but otherwise it seems to have been made to be a slideshow rail shooter with 055um m0men7z (endless swarm of Stukas attacking wing to wing etc).
There were black German soldiers and SS did have auxiliary females (SS-Helferin), so that's almost plausible. Actually, it's more plausible than all the plots in the entire franchise together.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-06-2017, 21:06:52 »

Was the M1903A1 with a 7.8x scope used in the Western Front?

Also, hip-fire Lewis MG and MG15!

More images of the guns in the game: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_WWII

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-06-2017, 00:06:09 »
Hip-firing these heavy weapons makes me remember a visit to the Military History Museum at my town. I was 14 or 15 back then and I started a long conversation with one of the "guides" (the man who stands there to explain stupid tourists what does RPG mean). Appearantly he tought I was a cool guy so he let me hold a PTRS AT rifle altough it was absolutely forbidden to touch the exponats. Christ... that thing was heavy as hell. The whole room started gigling while watching me struggling to lift the damn thing.

Anyways, have you noticed the fire rate of the German MGs. Lack of brrrrrrrrah and lack of any sort of recoil too.