Author Topic: Announcing New FH2 Community, CMP-Gaming  (Read 5864 times)

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
Re: Announcing New FH2 Community, CMP-Gaming
« Reply #15 on: 13-04-2017, 07:04:01 »
Faxed? Signatures? Courts of Law?
There are no legal parties involved in any of this, not businesses, no contracts, no money exchanged. Just hobbies and websites.
Don't feed the troll.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #16 on: 13-04-2017, 08:04:42 »
Dear Mr. "Korsakov". Since you try to claim intellectual property rights here in some FHT maps and are
threatening to sue people. Which of the maps, which of the models of the FH2 mod have you actually invested any work in, yourself? Please be precise.

1. Name the intellectual property that you may be claiming (if you claim anything instead of making any vague accusations).

2. Prove the intellectual property rights (yes, actual rights) that were defined and secured (!) in an applicable frame of law. That means definitive names of people who built maps. Names of people who can prove that they built the maps. Same goes for objects, models, vehicles, weapons, etc. Names of people who can prove that they did forbid altering of maps (on what base of law, please also add that).

Name the tools that they used to create their ma...oh dear. BF2 editor. Again. I guess EA will have to sue us at CMP. Then you guys at FHT. Then FH2. Then all other BF2 mods.

3. Prove in a court of law that you've made a business out of selling content at FHT.
No, "donation drives" and raffles for games that you buy from the money raised on these donation drives -raffles designed to hand these games out to your own staff - that is not a business.

Spending several hundreds up to 1000€ out of your "budget" (you called it that) and more per year on non-defined "other costs" - that is not a business. That is just intransparency.

4. Prove a definitive and actual commercial damage.

5. TRY ( mark the wording here) enforcing this in any court in the EU. Just try it.

I will watch you with interest, Mr. Korsakov. Where are you living at, actually - Russia, USA, Holland, Great Britain? That seems to change from time to time. So you may want to clear this up first before considering going to court.

While you sort this out to back up your bombastic claims of "Faxes being exchanged" (sic), I will get my popcorn. Lots of it.
« Last Edit: 13-04-2017, 08:04:22 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-04-2017, 09:04:05 »
Don't feed the troll xD

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #18 on: 13-04-2017, 10:04:59 »
Nice try last night Korsakov, aka Mr.Hacker.  :-*
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-04-2017, 14:04:07 »
« Last Edit: 13-04-2017, 14:04:42 by Pr0z4c »
Signature is too big

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-04-2017, 16:04:57 »
Anything artistic is deemed intellectual property and can be protected as such. Under copyright, depending on definition, this would expand to distribution, derivation, reproduction, etc.

Now you may say that you're protected because anything created by the tools of EA is theirs, but we're not talking about maps here.

I have no idea of what you're taking from your time at FHT, or what you've done, and this here will be used purely as an example to demonstrate a point:

Let's say you recreated the BF1942 FHT map Bukit Timah. Again you can't really go after someone for using an EA tool, right, let's just assume that is correct. But what about that heightmap? It can easily exist outside of either a BF1942 or BF2 map. Say that FHT were to pull a copy of that heightmap, invariably a simple image file with a common format yet digitally unique enough to be protected. How likely would it be for that file to match with what can be pulled from your version of the map? Just a slight derivation? And of course, that is but one example.

Now for another example, say an actual case were to be made. Here is what such a presentation would look like:
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/armyrage/
And more! While the old website is lost, I am certain that Forgotten Honor retains a copy of the database and old files, complete with the dates they were created or last modified. That may not be enough if copyright has not been established, however, it may be sufficient for a moral judgement.

And in what courts would this all transpire? That would be the decision of FHT, not my business. Again this is just an exploration of possibility.

Spending several hundreds up to 1000€ out of your "budget" (you called it that) and more per year on non-defined "other costs" - that is not a business. That is just intransparency.
The hypocrisy here is you appear to have the same people on your team responsible for that in the first place. How long until you exaggerate your expenses by as much as 1.5x or 2x to protect against the possibility that you may fall short on funding?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-04-2017, 17:04:27 »
I'm sure if any developer doesn't want their content used in the new tournament, they will speak up. Did you contribute any content? No? Then stop posting pointless nonsense in this thread.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-04-2017, 17:04:08 »
Is it so easily the say of any developers who made it? I would argue that because it was "gifted" and found its way to Forgotten Honor servers first, it is then their digital property. Point being I'm surprised the CMP group seems unaware of these possibilities, making it something of an unattractive investment given long term uncertainty.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-04-2017, 17:04:09 »
To become an FH2 dev you have to agree that the content you make is the property of FH2 and can't be withdrawn. Is there such a thing in Forgotten Honor? If not, it is up to the discretion of the mapper / modeller what happens with his stuff.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-04-2017, 18:04:55 »
I don't know what Korsakov is crying about. It's not a split you dummy, the whole team moved altogether.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-04-2017, 19:04:20 »
I would advise FHT to go after the culprit that destroyed it's old website and compromised the info of it's members.  I believe a criminal case could be made there, not just a "moral judgement".

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-04-2017, 20:04:29 »
I'd fully support that, but they are unwilling the same as today just as they were a year ago. In the follow-up of the event and the later "investigation", anything that may have been used as evidence was clumsily destroyed, as far as I am aware.

I don't know what Korsakov is crying about. It's not a split you dummy, the whole team moved altogether.
Forgotten Honor still exists along with their rights to content that they have. I would argue they are better positioned for the ownership of content even if the team behind all of it has moved away.

As I recall, a piece of the software developed came with what more or less resembles an agreement on part of the end user, that stated that by using it you could not redistribute, rip, copy, or use said content outside of Forgotten Honor without permission? I could be mistaken, but in addition to that the tournament rules usually posted in the forum also stated that the content could not be used outside of Forgotten Honor again without permission? In none of that do I remember it being worded as said permission can only come from the named developers.

Rather, it was more likely to have been worded in context of the staff of Forgotten Honor. I'm not too sure of what has happened, but if you were to no longer be considered part of the staff, would that not potentially void any such agreement in regards to having said permissions?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-04-2017, 20:04:05 »
Anyway, so this is basically the new 'tournament center?' As in, the CMP will run it's own tournaments from here?

What about the map-pack being integrated into the public server? Should we direct all feedback in that website or is that still through 762?

Offline Hawk2k9

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-04-2017, 20:04:16 »
Anyway, so this is basically the new 'tournament center?' As in, the CMP will run it's own tournaments from here?

What about the map-pack being integrated into the public server? Should we direct all feedback in that website or is that still through 762?

Yep, CMP will host it's own campaigns and will be the home for the developers of the Community Mappack. But you can still give your feedback at 762 as they will also run the CMP maps and are working close together with CMP. Either way works.

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-04-2017, 21:04:18 »
BACK ON TOPIC  ;D

What Is CMP-Gaming?

CMP-Gaming means Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming.  The community was founded to provide common home for the FH2 Community Map Pack, as well as brand new tournaments run by people who have decade long experience of hosting them including members from the FH2 Branch from Forgotten Honor, The Community Mappack Modding Team , World at War, several representatives of the 762 Community and a close collaboration with the FH2 Developers.

One of the new features to reach Community Map Pack is a open issue tracker, where we hope anyone who comes across issues in the public version, would post them.

Our goals?

• To host tournaments and campaigns for many games, mainly and starting with Forgotten Hope 2.
  • Provide a platform for good gameplay and a good atmosphere. A place where everyone can get together and enjoy playing games.
  • We want to be transparent in what we do, why we do things or not and what our monthly costs are. We are open to hear any suggestion that any member would like to make.
  • Foster respect in how we communicate and treat each other.
  • We want to have a lean and clean structure without multiple management levels.

Features

In the CMP-Gaming you can take advantage of a new Tournament Interface system, alongside custom medals and ranks for our campaigns.

We've hand picked custom software to run the community on the forums, issue tracker and will carry on to improve Community Updater as well as all the content we produce for Forgotten Hope 2.

A Teamspeak server aswell as Discord are available for the community to use.

Our forums contain a "wiki" that will eventually include all the content found on Community Map Pack.

Help us evolve

No matter if you like to play FH2 on the public servers or in the tournaments, we aim to provide you a place you can call home. Join the discussion on the forums, Discord and Teamspeak. Share your opinions and bug reports. The tournament and the Map Pack is always on the look for fresh ideas and people to help to develop them further.

If you have any question dont hesitate to ask.

You can find us at
cmp-gaming.com

Truly yours
The CMP Gaming staff

( kummitus, I<ODIUM>I, Wualy, Erwin, Papillon, Hawk, Sir_Kowskoskey, Stubbfan, Pr0z4c, Harmonikater, Quicksilver, RAnDOOm )
Signature is too big