Author Topic: Alternate events  (Read 1266 times)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Alternate events
« on: 05-12-2016, 13:12:23 »
Can we make maps that have alternate events, such as Operation Unthinkable. I want to make a map that is based in late 1945, where the Germans launched an offensive into the Rhur, after stoping the soviets at the border of Poland. Will this be accepted?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate events
« Reply #1 on: 05-12-2016, 16:12:44 »
Will this be accepted?

That depends on many factors such as meeting the quality standards of FH2 maps. While I cant speak for the entire ideology of FH team, I do think that making such maps has lower chances to being accepted. You'd have better possibilities if you made a map about a real scenario.

But as custom maps go, feel free to do whatever you set your mind on. Only your imagination is the limit. :)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-12-2016, 16:12:09 »
But does FH2 focus full realism, or maybe a little fiction. The players would like something kinda fiction, as we already have the needed weapons and vehicles.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-12-2016, 16:12:09 »
You dont know unless you try.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-12-2016, 18:12:55 »
I know such map would be a gigant immersion breaker for me, just like all the what-if scenarios of FHSW and a lot of fictional custom maps not even partialy based on any real events (even FH2's Ramelle is partially based on a real battle ::) )

There is so many battles that actually took place during WWII and can make a great FH2 map that making an alternative history map feels for me like a lack of of knowlegde or simple lack of research abilities of the mapper.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-12-2016, 19:12:03 »
Yep. My fictional battle will take place on the Mesue River in winter of 1946, as the Germans for the third time attacked against the allies. I hope you won't mind me using you Mesue river map, as it will simplify the time to make it. Also, I can improve the new, 1946 version by modifying it. So, what do you think?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-12-2016, 19:12:30 »
I think it's a horrible idea. What would make it different from the meuse river we already have? Assuming you don't create all kinds of secret weapons. Meuse river already has all the rare late war stuff anyway.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-12-2016, 19:12:40 »
I am just to lazy to model weapons  ;). In the future, there might be a second FHSW, but the only thing I can contribute to that mini mod is to list a bunch of weapons and vehicles. I am very slowly am trying to make a FH2 map, but again, I'd rather shoot people with anti-tank rifles on Siege of Tobruk. But thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: 05-12-2016, 19:12:02 by FHMax3 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-12-2016, 20:12:35 »
Too lazy to model them? So you are saying you can do all that work but you wont because you are too lazy?

Colour me surprised.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-12-2016, 20:12:54 »
Yep, I do work really slow, and trust me, that FH2 map only has its terrain done.
« Last Edit: 06-12-2016, 07:12:27 by FHMax3 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-12-2016, 20:12:44 »
Im not talking about mapping. You said you are too lazy to model weapons. Do you have previous work to show so we dont have to call you a bullshitter?

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-12-2016, 01:12:04 »
Well this is getting awkward.

If the map you make is good I am sure there'll be people to play it either on 762 or next summer with fht.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-12-2016, 07:12:51 »
I have an old model of a G-41 that I made a LONG time ago, but it is already in the game. I actually am making Operation Unthinkable, where USSR vs GB. But it will not be finished this year. Also I have not done any weapons in such a long time. The only use I could be, is a beta-tester. But you already have enough of them.  ;)
« Last Edit: 06-12-2016, 07:12:45 by FHMax3 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-12-2016, 09:12:58 »
I have an old model of a G-41 that I made a LONG time ago, but it is already in the game.

Doesnt mean you cant show that to us. Please do.  :)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-12-2016, 10:12:47 »
Well one problem is that I cleaned my computer some time ago, but if you want, I can make a Mauser variant, even though it will be hated by our players as in real life ;D