Author Topic: Tank Camera Point of View  (Read 514 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Tank Camera Point of View
« on: 30-09-2016, 17:09:24 »
Huh, this is odd.  I like, never write suggestions here.  Mostly just respond to other people's suggestions.

Let's all just take a moment to think about this.

Ok, so now that I've been playing a bit again (and am seeing just how much 'touch' I've lost with the game- gonna take me a awhile to climb that difficulty curve again), I'm noticing something that I always noticed back when I played FH2 regularly, and it's still irking me.  Specifically, camera placement for tanks.  Some tanks, like the Tiger, have the camera placed right on top of the copula.  This works well imo- it places the player right where the commander of the tank would be looking out, and is nice.  However other tanks, notably the Panzer II and IV, but honestly this is on most of them, have the camera stuck at the front top of the turret, often with the copula behind it obscuring the view backwards.

I'm just curious if someone can move those tank camera viewpoints to actually be resting on top of the various commander copulas?  Not only does this purely make sense to me from an immersion standpoint, it also would be nice to get unobstructed views backwards.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Camera Point of View
« Reply #1 on: 30-09-2016, 18:09:52 »
Don't you have a beta account? ;)

This always bothered me a bit too. I guess I never bothered getting around to mentioning it either. Might take a re-export(?)

Stubb or Gavrant willing to re-export all the tanks again? ;D I'd argue it adds immersion and would help tanking gameplay. But idk what the result to work ratio is on this one

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:49 »
AFAIK it is impossible on panzer IV, since it has one of the passengers' seats placed in the cuppola and the camera would clip through the playermodel when somebody is sitting there (it also affects sherman tanks, and all other tanks with opened hatch)

Funny thing, it was also a case with the Tiger but it was fixed with the latest public patch IIRC.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:40 »
Yes the tigers look and feel awesome and more realistic now. And sure some tanks have passengers seats in the hatch but at least those that dont have like the panzer II and III should also have their view moved on top of the hatch. Would be a nice thing to have atleast.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:08 »
Honestly I wouldn't mind just having the hatch passenger position on the Pz3/4 removed altogether, especially when most don't even have an MG up there. xD  But yes, plenty of other tanks with closed hatches have this issue.  And yah, this is totally an immersion thing- it just FEELS nicer.  I know that might not make it a great work-to-gain ratio. :P

And yes, I do have a beta account.  Maybe if I get back into FH2 enough (this honestly comes down to free time) I will jump back into that. :P
« Last Edit: 30-09-2016, 19:09:02 by VonMudra »