Author Topic: Ticket losing system  (Read 671 times)

Offline joeri

• Maximum effort
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
Ticket losing system
« on: 09-05-2016, 12:05:49 »
Hello,

I absolutely love your mod. This mod really shows that the quality of a game doesnt matter when it's fun. There are a few small things that really annoy me though and sometimes just ruin the game for me. The biggest one is the ticket losing system. It is so frustrating that even if you own 95% of the map as an allied force, you still lose tickets. The last 5% of the map always takes the most time to capture because of all the bots spawning in that place. And because this takes so much time I usually run out of tickets, even though I was clearly winning. Can you please change this? Just so the tickets freeze as soon as you own about 50% of the map? So either the allies as the axis dont lose tickets anymore unless of course you capture a position or you kill an enemy.

The other thing that really bothers me are the allied forces kits. They completely suck d*ck. The germans all have great kits: they all have a normal rifle or machine gun, most of them have grenades and even the special classes like anti-tank have a rifle. The american classes on the other hand: the anti-tank has a shotgun, completely useless on longer distance and only 2 classes have grenades. All US soldiers in WW2 had at least one grenade.

The last thing that kinda annoys me is the damage from the M1 carabine. Most of the times I need to shoot someone 3 times to kill him. Even headshots aren't one hit kills.. Than if you look at the M1 garand, this one has one hit kills. I find it strange because the M1 carabine and M1 garand both use the same caliber: 7.62. Could you just give the carabine a little bit more damage so it becomes more usable?

Than to finish it of I have two small requests: Is there any way you can make a kit customize-able? I really like playing as a sniper but they are hidden in some maps and you can't use them as a kit. I think it would be great if you can make a kit customizer (for the player only maybe (I play a lot of CO_OP with bots)).

And can you maybe sort the maps by date? So all maps order from 1940 to 1945? This is great if you want to play story-wise.

Again, this mod is very cool and I love it very much. And I appreciate all the work you put into this. Thank you!

Best regards,

Joeri.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George S. Patton

Offline AtomicA_network

• View Profile
Re: Ticket losing system
« Reply #1 on: 09-05-2016, 13:05:24 »
You got some interresting points here.

- Anti Tank Class
Most only have a pistol as far as i know, an thats indeed really annoying.'
For the americans they could give them the M1 Crbine (with foldable stock), British could have Lee Enfield and the germans the K98.

- M1 Carbine
I dont have the rouble with the carbine, i do get 1 hit kills sometimes, depending on distance and place of impact. The M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine have indeed the same rounds, but the carbine has reduced firepower. It also had alot of issues. So it kinda makes sense they implemented that in the game as well.

- Map order
Go to this link, this nice person was nice enough to place the maps in order.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20720.0
==========================
AtomicA Network, For all your projects!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-05-2016, 14:05:36 »
The Germans have the rifles in their at kit for two reasons:
- The Panzerfaust only has one shot
- In real life they were not issued to dedicated anti-tank guys, but issued as ammunition to normal soldiers. So in the logic of the game, you are playing a rifleman with a Panzerfaust, as opposed to a Bazooka guy. The same is true for Russian or Italian AT grenades.
Note that the Shotgun in the AT kit is only in Singleplayer and not historically accurate.

The M1 Garand uses a different round than the M1 Carbine. The M1 Carbine has a fairly weak round that was infamous for its low stopping power. It has the same calibre (diameter), but lower grain count. Ingame this is balanced by the Carbine having way lower recoil and a bigger mag, so you can almost use it like a submachinegun, by spamming it.

Customizable kits would require a lot of work and are not planned. Generally the maps and their weapons are made with multiplayer in mind, so many kits and tanks are limited for gameplay balance.

Offline 2Cool2Fool

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-05-2016, 14:05:18 »
As Ts4EVER said, the M1 Carbine uses a different ammunition, specifically the .30 Carbine ammunition, whereas the Garand uses 30-06 Springfield. Other than the diameter, both cartridges have very little similarities.

https://analienmind.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/commonammo.jpg

Here you can see the differences, the 30-06 is a much bigger and more powerful round than the .30 Carbine, which is reflected pretty nicely ingame. The .30 Carbine is pretty much a slighty stronger Tokarev round in terms of damage.

Offline joeri

• Maximum effort
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: 09-05-2016, 21:05:35 »
You got some interresting points here.

- Anti Tank Class
Most only have a pistol as far as i know, an thats indeed really annoying.'
For the americans they could give them the M1 Crbine (with foldable stock), British could have Lee Enfield and the germans the K98.

- M1 Carbine
I dont have the rouble with the carbine, i do get 1 hit kills sometimes, depending on distance and place of impact. The M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine have indeed the same rounds, but the carbine has reduced firepower. It also had alot of issues. So it kinda makes sense they implemented that in the game as well.

- Map order
Go to this link, this nice person was nice enough to place the maps in order.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20720.0

Thanks for the link, helps out a lot!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George S. Patton

Offline joeri

• Maximum effort
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2016, 22:05:10 »
- In real life they were not issued to dedicated anti-tank guys, but issued as ammunition to normal soldiers. So in the logic of the game, you are playing a rifleman with a Panzerfaust, as opposed to a Bazooka guy. The same is true for Russian or Italian AT grenades.
Note that the Shotgun in the AT kit is only in Singleplayer and not historically accurate.

The M1 Garand uses a different round than the M1 Carbine. The M1 Carbine has a fairly weak round that was infamous for its low stopping power. It has the same calibre (diameter), but lower grain count. Ingame this is balanced by the Carbine having way lower recoil and a bigger mag, so you can almost use it like a submachinegun, by spamming it.

Customizable kits would require a lot of work and are not planned. Generally the maps and their weapons are made with multiplayer in mind, so many kits and tanks are limited for gameplay balance.

Thanks for the answer. I understand what you say but the thing is that in real life that was indeed the case but the bazooka and pantserfaust guys had team mates who protected them. Lets be honest, the bots in BF2/FH2 don't protect much. That's why in the game it would be handy to have a normal rifle besides your bazooka.

Than about the M1 garand M1 carbine thing:: I did not know that, thank you. But if the round in the carbine is so much less powerfull, than why is there so much recoil?

But you didn't give an answer about the ticket losing system. Can you please adjust that in the next patch? It makes playing the game almost impossible because you either run out of tickets before you can conquer the full map or you end up with so much tickets that as soon as you have conquered all the capture-able flags you have to keep fighting for an hour till you finally drained the enemy's tickets.

Offline AtomicA_network

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-05-2016, 17:05:50 »

BF2 had an option to switch the primary weapon once u unlocked it (if i recall correct), maybe thats a way to make some variety in kits?
I understand the balancing of the game wich is pretty well done! Good work.
But im surprised how little teamwork is actually done in MP. So maybe a way to promote teamwork?

Thanks for the correction on the M1 Garand and carbine ammo. I knew they were diffrent but not the exact detail. As i was indeed only talking about the caliber.

However, IMO it gives the germans a slightly more advantage bc they have more firepower than the other factions.
Since they miss 1 class with infantry firepower wich the germans do have with the Panzerfaust + K98
However, since the bazooka has better range than a panzerfaust it pretty much compensate.

However, maybe you can compensate the lack of rifle for the bazooka by giving it 2 types of ammo, ill quote from wikipedia:

"high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warheads to be delivered against armored vehicles, machine gun nests, and fortified bunkers at ranges beyond that of a standard thrown grenade or mine. The bazooka also fired a HESH round, effective against buildings and tank armor."

However for the british faction with the PIAT its a diffrent story.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2016, 17:05:34 by AtomicA_network »
AtomicA Network, For all your projects!