Announcements > Developer Blogs

New map layers

(1/6) > >>

Ts4EVER:
Hi,
today I would like to show you some of the new content to be released in the upcoming 2.52 update.
Originally, all FH2 maps had a 32 and a 16 player layer, however, as time progressed, these were often left out, starting with the Normandy update. The reason for this was simple: Nobody was playing them. The most populated server at the time simply played only the 64 player versions.
Since the advent of automated map changing scripts, this has changed. Because of that we will try to, step by step, retrofit existing maps until all maps at least have a 16 player version for smaller server populations. The first two maps to be upgraded are Sidi Bou Zid and Hurtgen Forest.

Hurtgen Forest 32p

This map is basically the last sector of the 64p versions. The Americans have a Sherman tank and an M10 tank destroyer.

Hurtgen Forest 16p

This is a king of the hill mode version centered on the final village.

Sidi Bou Zid 32p

This basically flips around the map and has the Americans counter attack.

Sidi Bou Zid 16p

This is a small infantry layer with four flags. The twist: You can only spawn on the two flags that are closest to your team's mainbase.

Anyway, that is it for now, but I hope that in the future I will be able to post more new map versions on here!

Oberst_Kroenen:
They look really nice! Love the king of the hill Hurtgen forest. Will they be playable in SP?

Matthew_Baker:
Love this stuff and I hope more are to come. 8) There's a lot of potential for good games on smaller layers of these maps.

Not to mention I'll no longer automatically bail when I see Sidi bou Zid coming up on the server and only 14 people on.

Alubat:
Wow. Cant wait to play Huntgen small size

Any plans of a Mount Olympus King of The Castle ?

Matthew_Baker:
I thought the Mount Olympus 16 layer actually was KotH on the castle flag  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version