Author Topic: Tank numbers  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Vietcong rus

• View Profile
Tank numbers
« on: 03-04-2016, 07:04:43 »
Let 1 server infantry if someone is like shooting from rifles and machine guns - the cards will be exclusively 16 .
A 2 server specifically for ground and aerial battles with tanks and aircraft. And good would be if instead of 5-6 tanks and 2-3 aircraft on the cards would be 20 tanks and airplanes 8-10 on each side . That would be the drive and adrenaline in the game ..

If people read the description of the game , download the game that would play it for tank driver or pilot, but in fact 90 percent of the game he has to run around with a gun , it is not good. Let then warned that the technology on the cards a little and not enough at all . Or let it be in the game CS - retook the fight well earned points , you can in the next battle to buy a tank or plane .
« Last Edit: 03-04-2016, 08:04:39 by Vietcong rus »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Tank numbers
« Reply #1 on: 04-04-2016, 15:04:17 »
We have plans to include new maps that have a focus on tanks. That being said, note that FH2 is not a game like War Thunder or World of Tanks. Tanks are only one part in the combined arms concept and infantry will always be the majority of players, simply because that is how it looked in real life. Even a "tank battle" like Prokhorovka had way more infantrymen than tanks.
Increasing tank numbers to a big degree would devalue the tanks, since they would become disposable. Also, if infantry would be gone or heavily diminished, the complexity of tank gameplay would also decrease, since whole elements like HE shells, co axial machinegun, passenger seats etc would basically be made worthless. All that would be left is tank vs tank combat with the occasional plane.
Now I understand that if you enjoy tank combat a lot you might be annoyed by not having a tank always available, but that is the perspective of a player, not a developer. I am sure many players would prefer it if sniper rifles were always available to them for example, but (not even mentioning balance) their scarcity is exactly what makes them special and "cool".
Often it is the limitations that make something interesting.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-04-2016, 16:04:02 »
combined arms is the thing makes fh2 special.
if i would want tank-plane combat i would play warthunder
if i would want infantry combat i would play ro2
i dont think there is another game where you can blow people to oblivion using stuh42 and such :)
« Last Edit: 05-04-2016, 17:04:42 by Berkolok »

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-04-2016, 20:04:01 »
WW2 Online... though the game play is considerably more relaxed and... clunky

Offline Vietcong rus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2016, 20:04:18 »
combined arms is the thing makes fh2 special.
if i would want tank-plane combat i would play warthunder
if i would want infantry combat i would play ro2
i dont think there is another game where you can blow people to oblivion using stuh42 and such :)

Iron Front mod Arma III  ;)

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3WpDT2buM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHkEhvicdWg

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-04-2016, 15:04:44 »
graphics are nice but animations and effect looks bad