Author Topic: Forgotten War: mini-add on project for FH2  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten War: mini-add on project for FH2
« Reply #30 on: 14-05-2016, 08:05:20 »
Well he is truthly commitment to this. Nice job BadPotato555!
EDIT: I get the update pic! If you look at pic all right you can see some battle on korea language and date 10.08.1952..
EDIT2: I saw battles in this period and there are two battles in this period that hapoened in same region one after another,but I suppose Battle of Bloody Ridge or Punchbowl as there were US troops in battle and its easier for him as he can use US weapons from FH2..
« Last Edit: 14-05-2016, 11:05:54 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-06-2016, 10:06:35 »
Hi, is there anything new? I am interested in this mod a lot. We have updated the moddb page BTW, we still would like you to join us. You could use anything you like for your minimod with FH2 so long as you help us out.

PR mod already used a LOT of our weapons we gave them years ago, and they reanimated and fixed them up for us.

I invite you to check our mod out and see if there is anything you want to use for your FH2 minimod.

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
Forgotten War: mini-add on project for FH2
« Reply #32 on: 24-06-2016, 23:06:51 »
May we not forget! Part 1

Today (KST), 66 Years ago, a War began in a small Far Eastern country, which nobody gave attention to.
Today 2016 I want to show the first results of the FH2:Forgotten War.

Everything is still WIP!

In Part 1 I want to show you the new weapons!

M20 Super Bazooka
Already at the end of the 2nd WW, the Americans noticed, that the M1 and M9 Bazooka were too weak to fight against heavily armored vehicles. Without making everything complicated, the M9 was enlarged with a new rocket projectile. In the first period of War the old M1 and M9 were still used, which couldn't penetrate the armor of T-34. But when M20 arrived with other various AT weapons, the T-34 could be defeated easily.

M20 model was made originally by FH2 team, which I enlarged with some differentiation.
Both Korean and US faction will use it as standard portable AT weapons. The operator won't be armed with large amount of rockets, but it will be very effective against tanks.

SKS-45
After the development of SKS the Soviets quickly started to replace the old Mosin rifles. During the Korean War many SKS were sent to PVA to fill the arsenal. The semi-auto rifle improved the firepower of the Communists a lot.

In the game, the PVA will use SKS in the late period. As some of you may have noticed the model was originally SVT-40 of FH2. I decided just to modify the SVT since making a new model will cost a lot of time and it will surely look better if an experienced 3d artist would work on it, so it's a placeholder till then!

M1C Garand
Since WW2 the M1 Garand, chambered with 30-06, was service rifle of the US. To make a simple sniper rifle, many M1 were converted to sniper rifle, which were called M1C/M1D. Especially in the Korean Peninsula, the semi-auto sniper rifle was perfect. In the mountains a strong firepower in a short time was very effective.

Also the M1C was made originally made by FH2 team and I just attached the scope. You will be able to find some M1Cs somewhere in the Battlefield!

Well you expected more? Don't worry part 2 coming soon...

But before leaving let's remember the fallen soldiers, who fought, gave their life for their countries or foreign country. It doesn't matter on which side you are, they died and never returned to their family or had to suffer for the rest of their life. May the War between the brothers in Korea never be forgotten.

Offline reptiledude

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29-06-2016, 09:06:37 »
Admittedly a little disappointed nobody else has responded. Unfortunate that Photobucket is down since it appears to have affected the photos linked but I caught them since I've been checking this one daily and they looked quite nice. Made for a nice update on the mod and I enjoyed the little bits of history. Excited for the second part :D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01-07-2016, 04:07:21 »
These look awesome, I'm interested to see if you can get them ingame :)

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-07-2016, 10:07:54 »
Have you considered joining forces with Anthony817's revived BF Korea mod? It'd be a shame IMO to see time and effort spent creating the same assets twice. You could still have two separate minimods, one for FH2 and one for PR, with different maps and such, but using the same assets.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-07-2016, 11:07:56 »
Well, I have to agree with that statement. I asked him before, and even offered to let him use assets from us to make a minimod for FH2 as well. I have no problem, having any of our stuff go to use in FH2, and we even thought also about making a minimod for PR, since we do already use a lot of assets with them.

Only issue I would see, is that typically FH2 doesn't share assets with other mods, not that they are against anybody, I just think they all worked really hard to have FH2 where it is, so it is only logical for it to stay with them, since they poured their heart and soul into it.

Stubbfan mentioned this to me over Skype recently. He said, I might have a much easier time, joining as a minimod for FH2, while still using the PR assets we have, than the other way around, and I see what he means.

However, we chose not to be a minimod for PR for the time being, namely because we would loose a lot of stuff like our already custom made HUD icons and little things like that. Also, we did want to have a first release before we became a minimod for PR, just to say we did at least get BFK finished.

@BadPotato555 Anyways, I do wish we could all work on BFK and get all the things finished, then you could have whatever you wanted for your minimod for FH2. Seems like a huge win win for all parties involved to me.

As you can see from my huge news update I posted only a few hours ago, we are well over 80% finished with the mod, and in fact all of the US handheld weapons are fully finished. We even have a North Korean player model we didn't show yet. I even got him fully voiced! I have a South Korean voice actor who helped us out!  ;D

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/news/us-handheld-weapons-showcase

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15-07-2016, 23:07:59 »
I will give my statement to BF:K in Part 2