Author Topic: Alt-Tabbing(to desktop) remove entire HUD/GUI under Windows 10  (Read 579 times)

Offline Doc X

• Which Way To The Front?
    • View Profile
After Alt+tabbing out to the desktop all GUI elements in game disappear until restarting the game. I can hear the sounds when i move over with the mouse, but i can't see shit and can't join.
It began after the change to Windows 10. I had no problems with Windows 7. Yes, I allready start the game in compatibility mode.
Does anyone got a solution for that? Don't tell me to switch back to Windows 7!!!   >:(  ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
I have that in Windows 8 as well.

Offline Doc X

• View Profile
And what's the solution? :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
There is none, as far as I know. It just doesn't bother me much cause I rarely tab out.

Offline Doc X

• View Profile
That's not an acceptable solution.

Can it be that it has something to do with the aero/visual themes thing? The option to deactivate the "visual themes" and "desktop composition" is not available under Windows 10.
When I switch back to FH2 i still can see the Windows "start" button in the left lower corner. No other buttons from the desktop.

Windows 7:

Windows 10:
« Last Edit: 27-09-2015, 00:09:31 by Doc X »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
What I do, is press Esc first. Menu comes up, Alt+Tab is safe now. Do your thing, get back in game and press Esc again. Play!

Offline Doc X

• View Profile
ESC is not working with that. Still no HUD.

And here you can see the Windows start button.
« Last Edit: 27-09-2015, 17:09:15 by Doc X »

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Well you could try to disable aero, I'm on Windows 10 and I've never had a problem. Could be a problem with resolution as well?

Offline revollucion

• View Profile
Hello Can anybody confirm if there is working solution for this? I am on Windows 10 64 bit monitor is G sync connected by Display Port.

IF i setup FH2.exe without compatibility mod after ALt+Tab game a returnign to game , all screen is black however I can hear everything is working... Weapons shooting just cant see it.

IF I setup FH2.exe with Compatibility mode either win7 or win8 Problem with black screen after alt+tab will go away but I WILL LOOSE COMPLETELY HUD as previous picture.

IS it possible somebody who making this game can respond to this?

I never had problem with this game and play it for coupe years. However after installing WIn 10 these problems started. Thank you

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
I fixed it by NOT running FH2 in compatibility mode. I only set "Run as Administrator" - that was it! And I too run Windows 10.

When I had compatibility mode set to Windows 7, it would remove the HUD on alt-tab :|
« Last Edit: 12-09-2016, 18:09:21 by AfterDune »