Author Topic: Beating a horse with a dead stick - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 6319 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Loading pic is awsome! But where will Somua and UE now spawn?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
captured french equipment spawns in the southern german main base

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
Seriously this map is definitely going to be one of my favorites when its out!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
So glad we can show the map off. This map is so detailed it'll blow your mind. Def gonna be one for the FH2 historical pictures thread :)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
Nice ;D seems like the map is close to release!  ;D  :P

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Everyone has to get the red berets out  8)

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
Nice but I really don't understand the presence of the destroyed panzer 4, did the British paratroopers fought against tanks ?
Maybe that's for a daytime counter attack version of the map with Brits holding until reinforcements arrive but still I'd love an explanation.
Also the damaged house next to the perfectly intact cheateau looks really weird.
Apart from that I think it's just pure awesomeness! :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Nice but I really don't understand the presence of the destroyed panzer 4, did the British paratroopers fought against tanks ?
Maybe that's for a daytime counter attack version of the map with Brits holding until reinforcements arrive but still I'd love an explanation.
Also the damaged house next to the perfectly intact cheateau looks really weird.
Apart from that I think it's just pure awesomeness! :)

Yup, the '64' layer is the counterattack the Germans mounted during the day to take back the bridges. The small '16' layer depicts the attack on the bridge at night.

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
Oh nevermind apparently one Panzer 4 was blown up with the only PIAT available and all the others withdrew after it's explosion the day of the counter attack.
I wonder if you pushed realism so far that we'll get a German gunboat crashed into the bank and the bomb that failed to detonate.
Also how about the No. 82 grenade ? Will we have some ?
« Last Edit: 02-09-2015, 03:09:48 by Hauggy »

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile

mine is raspberry, is that close enough ?

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
I just found this gem while watching a French documentary "Les Grandes Batailles" (best serie of documentaries I've ever seen) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkAiu0G2M5s
From around 36 min you can see Lord Lovat explaining what happened that day and how he arrived at Benouville bridge (now called Pegasus bridge), you can see his bagpipe player Bill Millin crossing the famous bridge while playing what must be "Road to the Isles" but honestly I can't tell.
At least you'll understand the "sorry I'm late" he adds he was just 2 minutes late (for the relief). :)
What amazed me is no matter what battle it's about almost everybody speaks French wether they are Soviet, U.S., Brits...Etc.
« Last Edit: 02-09-2015, 05:09:44 by Hauggy »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
I wonder if you pushed realism so far that we'll get a German gunboat crashed into the bank and the bomb that failed to detonate.
IIRC there was a Focke Wulf flyby and bomb explosion but it didn't work/look good so it was removed.

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
Good to know thanks !
I really hope we'll get that grenade. :P

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage

mine is raspberry, is that close enough ?

"... and she wore a ".

Yep, raspberry, you are correct. This getting like the "what is the colour if the boathouse at Hereford?" Scene in Ronin ...

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
How about giving the brits some tetrarchs?