Author Topic: Operation Lüttich Singleplayer  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Operation Lüttich Singleplayer
« on: 09-09-2009, 21:09:41 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Lüttich Singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: 24-09-2009, 11:09:23 »
Played as Americans and it just worked fine. But when playing as a German, it crashes.

I don't know what is the cause. Probably it is because of the farm spawning something if the Germans capture it.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-09-2009, 23:09:47 »
This is one map where I have practically NO complaints.... bots use AT weapons effectively, mgs form kill zones.. Tanks play cover support with deadly fire

Bots don't seem to like the mg42 lafettes enough however... And this are @ quite strategic locations

I love the AI for this map... Although I could suggest them spawning upstairs with good pathmapping to allow them to come down, that way battles could go on inside buidlings more or FROM buildings

Same goes for the belfry although I can see this as quite the challenge

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-03-2010, 13:03:00 »
In a map like Luttch, I really feel both camps attacking rather than defending will make tank and infantry combat alot more interesting with battles taking place in bocage country and open field around the town of Mortain rather than in those narrow streets.

I see what you mean. There are a lot of wasted spaces in Luettich, especially those grass fields.

But as a player, i also rarely go there because of limited access. The stone fences are to high to jump on, and bots see through thick grasses, making fights uninteresting.

THAT'S the BOCAGE fer ya!

But seriously. think about it. Add the attack-enemy uncap clause to the commander ai and have the first battles take place in the hell of the bocage and with tanks breaking through and fighting in the open fields.

Either hold off the enemy in that shit of a battlefield, or fall back to the town and defend from there

As German, once you overcome the enemy there, you then move in for the prize - the town of Mortain.

In FH1, this was very possible because of how bots were. in instances like PHL for FH1, where enemy fired from insane distances and could see through the brush, it was my job to push the attack on, lying flat on my stomach, shouting out to AI to attack, attack attack, using nades, firing the few enemy units I DID see...In the end, it was my brain and the bots' braun that carried the day.

I think it should be so here too. Increases the variety of battlefields in the single map too... From the tank graveyard to the North East of Mortain with a few destroyed vehicles for cover, the boacage and the mud walls for cover, open fields between the bocage and charging enemy units and finally, the town, farm and church area

What i mean is the bots rarely enter the Bocage because they need open-wide access to it, not some tightly closed enterance (broken stone fences), tiny gaps... etc

For SP, a big step of changing the map is needed to make them more enjoyable.

@ZooMotorpool
I've seen Germans travel across practically all areas of the map when they are either attacking Mortain or on seek and destroy i.e. when they encounter me as enemy and are pursuing. So I supposed Allied infantry should be able to do so. Tanks maneuver through really narrow street alleys you don't expect them to be able to - I'm sure they can do the bocage corridors which are much larger just fine... and they do... what they don't pass is the open fields.

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-10-2010, 20:10:56 »
Well just played the map again. Didnt find any bugs at all, but the germans where totally overpowered with their panzers on the field. Not that they have more tanks, but my AI was mainly going on foot from the base and the germans took every tank they had from their base. So what I mean, is that I was almost the only one with a tank as American and the germans used all tanks they had against us. My request is, dont lower on the tanks, but let the american AI make more use of the tanks in the base.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-07-2018, 00:07:05 »
Guys, when I try to run the 64p size map on co-op my game crashes. I have not issues running the 16p map on co-op. Anyone else get this?