Author Topic: Coming Back  (Read 324 times)

Offline NateDawgUS

• View Profile
Coming Back
« on: 21-07-2015, 20:07:19 »
Hello.

Long ago, I was an avid FH player but fell out of gaming for quite some time now. I recently looked to see if my favorite mod was still going strong and was so happy to see that the developers are still creating new things pretty regularly.

I would like to play again but I no longer have BF2 and I'm just on a laptop without a disc reader. I figured I would be able to download BF2 on Origin or Steam but it seems like even that option has been removed. Am I pretty much screwed or is there someway to get the game so I can get FH2 installed and go have some fun on the battlefield again?

Thanks!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Back
« Reply #1 on: 21-07-2015, 21:07:35 »
Since EA shut down its support for BF2 a lot of people is playing on downloaded versions with a generated CD-key or the one they found somewhere on the internet, it works, but doing that might result in 'invalid CD-key' error and many of those generated keys are already banned on the only populated FH2 server. What you can do to play the mod is download BF2 from what ever you are able to download it from, will it be torrents or anything else, but to avoid all invalid CD-key problems, you should use original one instead of the one provided with your downloaded BF2 build. You can try to buy one here. CD-key is the only thing that really matters to play online.

Also, don't forget to patch up your BF2 with 1.41 and 1.5 patches before you will install FH2. An easy way to do the latter is downloading FH2 launcher, which will download the latest version of FH2 for you automaticaly. You can get it here.

You can download all the necessary BF2 patches here:

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-07-2015, 21:07:57 »
3 options:

1) Buy it off Amazon for 0.01 - 5 $
2) Wait for standalone (hopefully some day)
3) Just say screw EA and yarrrr it
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-07-2015, 21:07:50 »
I tell my friends to wait for a standalone version hoping it will come some day.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-07-2015, 22:07:30 »
I tell my friends to wait for a standalone version hoping it will come some day.
That's quite optimistic, I'd advise them to buy one for one cent in the meantime.