Author Topic: Map name not showing in bf2  (Read 508 times)

Offline nadvgia

• View Profile
Map name not showing in bf2
« on: 20-07-2015, 11:07:56 »
hey guys,

So, I was following this tutorial http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/tutorials/createbasiclevel.php when I reach the end of the second part and did try out the map but when in game the name "My_level" did not appear.

What could be the cause? I know the maps folder's content it is much different from the rest of the maps, no rar files..

It is my first try doing something than playing bf2, I would love to mod so I hope you can help me.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Map name not showing in bf2
« Reply #1 on: 20-07-2015, 17:07:20 »
You need an 'info' folder. You can copy one from another map and rename the files accordingly. Edit the .desc file inside to match your level name etc as well.

Offline nadvgia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-07-2015, 12:07:23 »
I did copy a folder and changed the file name but still was not enough to bf2 recognize it. I´ve open it with notepad but I only changed the map name inside, all the rest is unknown to me and this part is not written in the tutorial... what should I change in the "desc" file?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-07-2015, 13:07:28 »
Is the list above all the files you have in your maps folder? You need a 'gamemodes' folder. This should be created automatically when you add atleast one controlpoint to your map. Preferably with a spawnpoint so you can spawn in.

Offline nadvgia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-07-2015, 15:07:06 »
I´ve restarted the tutorial and the bf2 editor somehow created the files/folders seen in the attachment file. Only the info folder remains not created by the editor and keeps the lines as previously were seen.

I have created two spawnpoints - one to each team with a vehicle and now the map name appears in both single player and multiplayer 32/64 maps only. They both crash a bit after 50% loading.. 

Offline nadvgia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-07-2015, 21:07:30 »
But yeah at least the maps are showing so I guess "that" problem is solved. I would recommend someone to fix that tutorial in order that if someone follows it the map will load without problems.