Author Topic: How to play in COOP?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline F4lco

• View Profile
How to play in COOP?
« on: 09-07-2015, 20:07:28 »
Hi guys, i want to ask you something.
First of all: How can i play in coop mod with my friends? I mean, how can i create a server to play? We want to use our custom maps.
Second thing: How can i use external view in tank? (SP, Coop of course)
Third and most complicated: There a way to change the visual of the Tiger I? I mean, why this tank has the view from the center of the turret? it's orrible.
The other tanks have the view on the lateral side of the turret.

Thank You and sorry for bad english :))

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
Re: How to play in COOP?
« Reply #1 on: 09-07-2015, 21:07:54 »
for coop go multiplayer -> create network or something then change conquest to coop
and if u host a game and its loaded till the join now u can let friends join and wait for them to be all ready

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-07-2015, 22:07:17 »
1. If you're not renting a server or don't own one but want it to be dedicated from a home PC, set your IP to static, forward BF2 ports, and then configure and run BF2ServerLauncher.exe.

2. Check your control settings for land vehicles, look for which keys your external views are bound to.

3. You'll probably need to modify an overlay file for the Tiger I, it might be in a .dds file with all the other vehicles. The positioning and orientation of the actual camera may be in a .con or .tweak file.

Offline F4lco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-07-2015, 23:07:03 »
for coop go multiplayer -> create network or something then change conquest to coop
and if u host a game and its loaded till the join now u can let friends join and wait for them to be all ready

If I create a Network in game, I will create it in LAN, how can someone see my server?
I can create a Network for all Player?

1. If you're not renting a server or don't own one but want it to be dedicated from a home PC, set your IP to static, forward BF2 ports, and then configure and run BF2ServerLauncher.exe.

2. Check your control settings for land vehicles, look for which keys your external views are bound to.

3. You'll probably need to modify an overlay file for the Tiger I, it might be in a .dds file with all the other vehicles. The positioning and orientation of the actual camera may be in a .con or .tweak file.

For question 2, the default button is C, but it works only with jeep or the half-track, but not with tanks.

For question 3, seems to be difficult o.O, I will try.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-07-2015, 09:07:44 »

If I create a Network in game, I will create it in LAN, how can someone see my server?
I can create a Network for all Player?

well it depends if you dont play lan together i guess you wont see it, another thing you could try is the hamachi or tunngle programm download that programm make a channel let your friends join together a channel and then if its good you got the same IP so you can play lan without bening lan. (never tried it in fh2 though but it worked for me in other games)
« Last Edit: 10-07-2015, 09:07:29 by gamerjer »

Offline F4lco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-07-2015, 19:07:39 »
There's a way to create a Server/Network in game without using programs or BF2Server?

Anyway I managed to change the view of Tiger I!
Now it's VERY NICE, i will post some photo.

Offline sgt.Felox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-07-2015, 22:07:25 »
There's a way to create a Server/Network in game without using programs or BF2Server?
I'm afraid that you have to use a P2P program to play with your firends  :-\

-Try to install Hamachi or another app which allows you to do the same thing.
-Ask your friends to join your hamachi Network (max 5 players).
-Make a LAN server ( make sure you have disabled your firewall, it may block the game server )
-They have to copy your Hamachi IPv4 ( left click on your username then "copy IPV4" )
-They have to click on the tab local instead of multiplayer
-Then they have to click "join via IP" and paste your Hamachi IPv4

I wish that the instructions are clear enough to help you  ;)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-07-2015, 08:07:06 »

Just in case, you can turn the head in the vast majority of the tanks by holding Ctrl key on the keyboard and moving the mouse.

As for external views:
To add external view for tanks and most of the other vehicles, download the following file: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9cnOHaxn4oDMl9jUmpnZjlYd28
Then save it to your <Battlefield 2>\mods\fh2 folder, overwriting the original one (if present).
Note that this file is "server-side" or, in other words, your friends don't need to download it to enjoy external views on your Coop server.

Third and most complicated: There a way to change the visual of the Tiger I? I mean, why this tank has the view from the center of the turret? it's orrible.
It's not a bug, the driver camera of the Tiger I is located close to the commander cupola (the red cube with red, green and blue arrows on the picture below indicates position of the camera):

I guess, it's shifted to the right from the cupola to avoid clipping on turning the head.
« Last Edit: 11-07-2015, 08:07:37 by gavrant »

Offline F4lco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-07-2015, 19:07:45 »
I'm afraid that you have to use a P2P program to play with your firends  :-\

-Try to install Hamachi or another app which allows you to do the same thing.
-Ask your friends to join your hamachi Network (max 5 players).
-Make a LAN server ( make sure you have disabled your firewall, it may block the game server )
-They have to copy your Hamachi IPv4 ( left click on your username then "copy IPV4" )
-They have to click on the tab local instead of multiplayer
-Then they have to click "join via IP" and paste your Hamachi IPv4

I wish that the instructions are clear enough to help you  ;)

Ok, Tnk, i will try! ;)

Just in case, you can turn the head in the vast majority of the tanks by holding Ctrl key on the keyboard and moving the mouse.

As for external views:
To add external view for tanks and most of the other vehicles, download the following file: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9cnOHaxn4oDMl9jUmpnZjlYd28
Then save it to your <Battlefield 2>\mods\fh2 folder, overwriting the original one (if present).
Note that this file is "server-side" or, in other words, your friends don't need to download it to enjoy external views on your Coop server.

It's not a bug, the driver camera of the Tiger I is located close to the commander cupola (the red cube with red, green and blue arrows on the picture below indicates position of the camera):

I guess, it's shifted to the right from the cupola to avoid clipping on turning the head.

I know that is not a bug, but that view it's very ugly for me.
Ayway i find the way to change it. Now i can play in 3rd person with tank, like in War Thunder.
And yes, I know I can use CTRL button to watch around the tank :)

Tnk for the file anyway.
I will post some screen of my new view of tiger :)