Author Topic: [SOLVED] [Static weapons] - Can't re-arm .50 cal AA  (Read 555 times)

Offline justasug

• View Profile
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

On Sidi Bou Zid (and possibly other maps, haven't tested it yet) the .50 cal AA machine gun can't be re-armed with ammo boxes. It's also missing an ammunition belt/box counter which made me assume it couldn't run out of ammo, but it apparently can.
« Last Edit: 29-06-2015, 19:06:19 by justasug »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [Static weapons] - Can't re-arm .50 cal AA
« Reply #1 on: 29-06-2015, 17:06:54 »
I assume we're talking about this .50 cal:

It can be resupplied with ammo boxes, even if it seems not to make that *clink* sound on resupplying. The gun starts with 10 mags, and indeed, it's missing the magazine counter. The missing counter was fixed in the internal beta about 2 months ago, together with several other static and mobile guns, mostly British and American.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-06-2015, 19:06:39 »
This is the one which couldn't be re-armed:

I didn't post a screenshot at first, because I assumed they were all identical in terms of behaviour.
« Last Edit: 29-06-2015, 19:06:02 by justasug »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-06-2015, 19:06:00 »
The .50 cal on your screenshot and the one on mine are identical. To explain my assumption, there is also another type of static AA .50 cal on Sidi Bou Zid - the twin-barrelled one which can behave differently, intentionally or by mistake.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] [Static weapons] - Can't re-arm .50 cal AA
« Reply #4 on: 29-06-2015, 19:06:28 »
Strange, I just tested it again, but in a single-player session and it worked this time. I placed the ammo boxes at the same spot like before, no idea why it didn't work back then (during a multi-player session).

Sorry for the false bug report, I should have tested it more thoroughly.