Author Topic: FH2 Launcher error  (Read 1929 times)

Offline LuKc1206

• View Profile
FH2 Launcher error
« on: 09-06-2015, 15:06:53 »
Hello, yesterday I had a problem when I randomly closed FH2 by shutting the program (i can't remember if I closed the window or shut the .exe in Task Manager) instead of closing from the menu. Afterwards, I couldn't start the launcher exe anymore because it gives me this error message (the third line says "Cannot initialize configuration system):

Code: [Select]
An application error occurred. Please contact the mod developers with the following information:

Unhandled System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException exception:
Impossibile inizializzare il sistema di configurazione

Stack Trace:
   in System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)

in System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)

in System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)

in System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)

in System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission)

in System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)

in System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)

in System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)

in System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)

in System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)

in System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)

in System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)

in System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)

in System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)

in System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)

in FH2Launcher.Properties.Settings.get_SettingsUpgradeRequired()

in FH2Launcher.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've tried deleting the Documents/Forgottenhp2 folder and it didn't help. Regular BF2 still works, also if I start the normal FH2 exe it starts BF2 (which I think is supposed to happen because you have to run FH2Launcher to actually start FH2).
Reinstalling the mod might fix it, but first I'd like to understand why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that before I deleted the Documents/Forgottenhp2 folder, the config and profile files were empty inside, like they had been deleted. Really strange.
« Last Edit: 09-06-2015, 16:06:56 by LuKc1206 »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Launcher error
« Reply #1 on: 09-06-2015, 16:06:22 »
I guess, the configuration files of the launcher got corrupted. To reset them, delete everything in the launcher's settings folder. On Windows Vista or newer the settings folder is usually C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\Forgotten_Hope, on Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Forgotten_Hope. Replace $USER$ in those paths with your Windows account name.

Offline LuKc1206

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Launcher error
« Reply #2 on: 09-06-2015, 17:06:49 »
The launcher works now. Why didn't I think of going in the AppData folder in the first place? Stupid me. Anyway, thanks for the help  :)