Author Topic: FH2 Standalone (Discussion Only)  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Standalone (Discussion Only)
« Reply #60 on: 24-06-2015, 16:06:05 »
@ Jimi: after reading how intelligent, experienced and correct your opinion is, I'm still not sure what argument you are using to support the 90 day period you introduced here. Could you please clarify?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24-06-2015, 16:06:42 »
The 90 days waiting time is just a personal guess or is it somekind of a deadline the devs have to ensure they won't get sued ?
Personal guess, there is no official devs' statement about this.

In my experience in life Jan, which i'm certain is more than yours, time is your alley & action speaks louder than words.

FYI.....My guesses are intelligent/thoughtful/calculated & have been formulated with over 40 years of life experience from around the world in various situations.

Then I have to tell you with my less than 40 years of experience, that 90 days are nothing in terms of laws and the ability of companies to claim their rights. Limitation periods can last for many years and from my own personal experience I can tell you, that you can get sued for cases that lay back more than half a year. Nobody can tell, whether PR will have to take down their standalone version in the next 6 month or even one year. Quite simple example: traffic violations in Germany can bring you a register notification from 2,5 to ten years.

I don't know whether PR got in contact with EA or not. At the end it doesn't matter. In terms of legal actions and laws I can only rely on stuff that I know for 100 percent, and not on simple guesses, even if they come from someone who is a bit older. Not only young people get into jail.  ;)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24-06-2015, 19:06:31 »
 Sry for being a bit harsh, but jan deserves it sometimes for being an asshole.

You could always simply ask PR.......

I believe you already have the answer you seek gentlemen.....

Ultimately this will be FH2's decision. Whoevers left that is.
 ;)
« Last Edit: 24-06-2015, 19:06:21 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24-06-2015, 19:06:09 »
No offense taken, you have your right to make a fool of yourself in public, old fool in this case.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 24-06-2015, 20:06:12 »
No offense taken, you have your right to make a fool of yourself in public, old fool in this case.

That has been you all along. Ask your peers.

;)
« Last Edit: 25-06-2015, 02:06:07 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Standalone (Discussion Only) )
« Reply #65 on: 26-06-2015, 22:06:20 »
Let's be nice.

Jan IS speaking in official capacity, seeing that he is in the Private Forums and ought to know,
But it does grate against people's ego being dismissive like that - especially long-terms fans. We have huge egos, you know  :)

It goes without saying that the final word is the devs'.

But I think the discussion is about the risk/ work required going stand-alone, and if its worth it.

Personally, I'd say we are at a cross road with this fine mod.
I doubt the devs are close to switching engine any time soon and starting from scratch,
So for the survival of the community, I am on the side that says" 'History favors the bold. Let's go stand-alone; and let's make that a priority'

Then, let's get graphic designers and social media people involved and let's market the crap out of this mod.

One more charge by the light brigade  ;)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Standalone (Discussion Only) )
« Reply #66 on: 29-06-2015, 14:06:19 »
Let's be nice.

Jan IS speaking in official capacity, seeing that he is in the Private Forums and ought to know,
But it does grate against people's ego being dismissive like that - especially long-terms fans. We have huge egos, you know  :)

It goes without saying that the final word is the devs'.

But I think the discussion is about the risk/ work required going stand-alone, and if its worth it.

Personally, I'd say we are at a cross road with this fine mod.
I doubt the devs are close to switching engine any time soon and starting from scratch,
So for the survival of the community, I am on the side that says" 'History favors the bold. Let's go stand-alone; and let's make that a priority'

Then, let's get graphic designers and social media people involved and let's market the crap out of this mod.

One more charge by the light brigade  ;)
+1 =-p

Offline Redtail

• View Profile
When is FH2 going standalone
« Reply #67 on: 04-07-2015, 05:07:23 »
PR has done it and they've got hundreds of new people and their server are full. When is FH2 going to do it it's your best bet at keeping the mod alive and plus the server will be filled to the brim and you will have way less problems with installs. At the moment it's a pain to install FH2 because half the time something is wrong and you must uninstall and etc. So plz tell me FH2 is going standalone soon if not i'll be sad.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: When is FH2 going standalone
« Reply #68 on: 04-07-2015, 09:07:33 »
I guess you'll still have to be sad for a while then.

They are considering it, though.

EDIT: Having said that, I think I could persuade a few of my friends to join on the FH2 bandwagon if the standalone arrives. One has played it in the past but lost his BF2 key since, and others are reluctant to buy such an old game, regardless of the level of epicness of the mod. So there are certainly lots of potential players out there!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04-07-2015, 16:07:02 »
Yes here is same situation-old game,lot of downloading and I managed to get on of my friends to install so we are now playing.I saw because PR got standalone,big number of people went there to try it and now on server 762 at 21.00 ECT is only 40-50 players.While before this with PR there would be in that time full server
If now FH2 goes standalone and you make good trailers with this 2.49 patch, I think we could get 2,maybe 3/2 and half full servers.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13-07-2015, 08:07:29 »
Hey Devs !

Are you guys still discussing the possibility of a standalone version ?

Any decision taken regarding this ?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 13-07-2015, 17:07:10 »
If they will decide they will announce it and let you know, don't worry. FH2 development is a secret, devs discuss such things in the deep catacombs of the internal forum only devs have access to (not even us, beta testers know these things) so don't expect them to reveal anything to the public :D

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 13-07-2015, 18:07:07 »
Aha alright Jan !  ;D
I tried.  :P

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13-07-2015, 21:07:32 »
If they will decide they will announce it and let you know, don't worry. FH2 development is a secret, devs discuss such things in the deep catacombs of the internal forum only devs have access to (not even us, beta testers know these things) so don't expect them to reveal anything to the public :D

lol.

Why are they being so secretive? This is the time for promotion, but what do i know.

:-*

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 13-07-2015, 21:07:49 »
You can only promote that which is set in stone.