Author Topic: Install & Run Fh2 on top of Project reality without bf2 possible ?  (Read 876 times)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Now that Project Reality is a standalone game.
Is it possible to install and play Fh2 without the need of Bf2 + 2 patches ?

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Not really. The PR installation doesn't come with the "bf2" mod (technically, it's a mod), it only comes with what it needs. And I think FH2 still includes files from BF2?

I guess it'll work if you move some more files over, but then you may as well install BF2 ;).

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
AfterDune is right, FH2 still uses some stuff from that "bf2" mod.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Ok. thanks for rep.

Hopefully FH2 will be stand alone in the future

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Not really. The PR installation doesn't come with the "bf2" mod (technically, it's a mod), it only comes with what it needs. And I think FH2 still includes files from BF2?

I guess it'll work if you move some more files over, but then you may as well install BF2 ;).

Do you mean you replaced all BF2 assets with your own or did you copy those that you need over to your own archives?

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile

Do you mean you replaced all BF2 assets with your own or did you copy those that you need over to your own archives?

Yes.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile

Anyway we could get a list of files required to accomplish this?

;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
What do you mean? Client side? I guess you could delete all BF2 files except those used by FH2 (which won't be many, a bunch of desert huts, palm trees and animations mostly), but that would be super tedious.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
I messed around deleting some bf2 files in the beginning of 2015.
But I ended up buying a  bigger ssd and re-installed before getting more into it

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20072.msg335155#msg335155

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Well if somebody wants to save space, just delete every BF2 map for a start.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Anyway we could get a list of files required to accomplish this?
There is no list, because it depends on how much you use from vanilla BF2. You should only move files from BF2 over to FH2, if FH2 uses them. And at the same time stop loading files from /mods/bf2/.

This is the beginning of going standalone. Once that's done, FH2 can be considered an 'independent' mod (not loading any files outside /mods/fh2/) and so can be turned into a standalone thing. What is required for that are all the files you _have_ to have in order to play the game. Talking about dll's and things like that. And when you know that, you can pack it all into an installer and install FH2 into its own directory (for example c:\games\forgotten hope 2\). And in there are the required files to play, a "mods" directory (containing "FH2"), etc. Unsure if registry entries are required, I can imagine they are.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Much like PR, FH2 still uses some vanilla assets, espectially on africa maps, like some little huts (reskinned though), african vegitation, some ambient sound effects, cables, water planes, and 3p animations (the last one is not true for PR I think).