Author Topic: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 6475 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #30 on: 25-05-2015, 11:05:52 »
To be honest, I can't wait for the Eastern Front to be released, because I want to see what all the creative mapper out there will create from those sweet statics and other content that theatre will bring to FH2.

Releasing French stuff wouldn't hurt too, but it's easy to say from a players perspective, in fact, most of those unreleased weapons and vehicles are in (sometimes very early) WIP state and they still require a lot of codding work to be usable without breaking the balance etc. Releasing them will most likely decrease the FH2 quality, and I believe that's not what developers want.

Most of the new content is being polished right before the releases, and mentioned Segfired Line is a good example of why development process is mostly kept in secret. Sometimes unfinished content has to be abandoned and it's better for the community not to know about it at all.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 11:05:59 by jan_kurator »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-05-2015, 12:05:44 »
Is your high intellect led you to join the team jan? Because whenever I look at your drivel I can't help this urge to vomit. Was your counsel which led the team to thrive and expand in immeasurable ways? And now you're advocating secrecy because what, outsiders might want to pick up and finish your shit?

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-05-2015, 12:05:36 »
Looking Good :-)

Keep it up and keep on posting

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #33 on: 25-05-2015, 12:05:32 »
Btw can somebody explain why the paratrooper model was planned for africa and maybe show how it looks like ?
There is no paratrooper model for Africa.  The para playermodels are modified from the normandy playermodels, which were modified from the african playermodels.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-05-2015, 12:05:48 »
And now you're advocating secrecy because what, outsiders might want to pick up and finish your shit?
I wouldn't be afraid of that, so far in the history of FH2 the 'outsiders' always wanted FH2 devs to pick up their shit, finish it and release it. Confusion might be caused by a huge difference between what "outsiders" claim to be finished and what devs accept as finished. The difference can be easily seen when you compare any custom map with the FH2 stock content :)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25-05-2015, 13:05:04 »
At this point in our relations if you still think I want anything I do to be a part of an official release you must be a moron jan, and here you still keep parroting your "but muh quality!!" bullshit. It's just a goddamn gpo. Even the heightmap is there.

Also the quality only matters when it impacts how fun the game is, clearly this weeks map gela outdoes most of your lineup for that matter.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 13:05:32 by Airshark79 »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25-05-2015, 13:05:13 »
Keep your BS to PM's or i'll ban both of you on the spot.

Thanks

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #37 on: 25-05-2015, 13:05:32 »
Great to see these renders as I only just recently finished watching the hour long Pegasus Bridge video. That red commando beret that (sorry forgot your name) was wearing should really be dev standard issue  ;D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25-05-2015, 14:05:02 »
First time I saw these models was pre-normandy when normandy had just gone into beta testing, the editor files were filled with all sorts of goodies for a while. Great to see them finally ingame. :)

Now... those german paratrooper models... ;)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25-05-2015, 16:05:24 »
This model is so nice I hope next update will be also some soldier army models............
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25-05-2015, 17:05:55 »
Tally ho!

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #41 on: 25-05-2015, 18:05:52 »
There is no paratrooper model for Africa.  The para playermodels are modified from the normandy playermodels, which were modified from the african playermodels.
Pretty much yes. I made the Airborne models right after I did the Normandy Brit (yeaaars ago!), we just didn't have a level to put them on.

The uniforms + most gear are pretty much from scratch (canteen and pouches derived from Rad's), with the heads+hands by Rad of course. The Airborne gear had to go in the same texture sheet for performance reasons, and I also had to plan ahead for the Canadian version, so I did it all in one go. The camo jacket was a no-brainer to add as well. The Brit was the first ever player model I made (it shows in places) but I got the hang of it with the Airborne version. Not perfect, but I'm happy with it. 8)
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 19:05:58 by Remdul »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25-05-2015, 19:05:59 »
Good to hear from the developer who made the latest news content. No wonder why you're happy with it, those are beautiful models! I just hope we will see them used on more maps in the future, AFAIK there are some custom maps in the mappack with british paras, so after the release they can be updated with proper models, but seeing a map covering some Operation Market Garden battle would be lovely!  8)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-05-2015, 20:05:41 »
Could be nice with pics in a little higher resolution 1.680px × 1.050px like in the latest map news post
1.024px × 768px I think is very small size in 2015 :-)

Cant wait to play these

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25-05-2015, 20:05:39 »
@Remdul I love hearing how these were made

1. Quit your day job and come back and make moar s3xy models for us ;D
2. Where did you learn to model something like a player model? I feel like making 'organic' models are so much harder than something like a hard surface model. And good tutorials?  :)