Author Topic: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #15 on: 24-05-2015, 21:05:59 »
Nice!
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-05-2015, 00:05:42 »
Sweeeeeeet :D very well done on the render. And of course Remdul (come back and make more
Models for us!)

Matthew my buddy, I did this render! ;)

I just noticed a nagging error in one of those thumbs...
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 00:05:57 by Roughbeak »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-05-2015, 01:05:56 »
No model with a great moustache... Severely disappointed...  :-* (hoping we get one for Holland some day in the future, it would be a nice nod and in line with the current outfit of player models  ;D )

In all seriousness, these are very nicely done, good job!
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 01:05:53 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-05-2015, 01:05:58 »
Another news! That... isn't actually news but hey, I live in constant fear of FH2 development being officially canceled anytime so a sign of life is always appreciated!

Still, we need moar Eastern Front material, guys!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-05-2015, 01:05:37 »
Another news! That... isn't actually news but hey, I live in constant fear of FH2 development being officially canceled...
can I ask you why?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-05-2015, 01:05:26 »
Well to be fair FH2 has died several times in the past, including for a period before 2.0 release and lately again after 2.45. So it is not impossible.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-05-2015, 01:05:28 »
can I ask you why?

//Warning: Offtopic

Judging by the number of active Devs and recent retirements, frequency of news updates, development blogs and active followers. Because, after all, BF2 and FH2 are both around for quite a few years and apart from the about 15 active users of this forum, the guys from FHT, WaW, 762 and a bunch of anonymus Chinese guys there are not that much people still interested in the mod, I'm afraid. And it is not easy, due to the age of the game itself, to aquire new members for the Dev Team or the community. Also since FH2 is unfortunatly not very well known if you for example compare it to PR2. Which frankly is a shame, I always felt it deserved more attention.

So at a specific point the Dev team could come to a simple conclusion: FH2 always had a very high standard of quality, one of its strenghts. Will we probably sacrifice this standard and continue development with the few Devs that remain, no matter how long it takes and no matter who is still following the releases that barely will get any attention at all, or shall we keep it as it is and stall development rather than taking the risk of releasing unpolished, unfinished expansions?

Maybe I'm completely wrong about this and there are still plenty of devs active and they will continue to provide the well known quality. Still, this is the impression that I have now. Its been a lot of years. Many devs left, everybody moved on with their lifes, circumstances change, people can't invest as much time and effort into the Mod as they once could maybe. Development slows down. I've seen too many projects die like this to not be at least a little sceptical.

Anyway, good to hear that FH2 is such a Lazarus, Ts4EVER. Hopes for the Eastern Front are up.

« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 02:05:13 by Darman »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-05-2015, 06:05:21 »
^ not an unresonable thought. Right now tho there's still a good amount of devs working on their own things to bring together East Front to a releasable state. I'll say it's coming together nicely :)

As for FH2s future I think FH2 will go out slowly, rather than with a bang. Much like PR; if there's still people who want to update the mod, there's going to be updates to the mod :) No matter how few and far between they are. This is my opinion tho, the devs have their own plans.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-05-2015, 08:05:13 »
That there is update every max2 weeks it would look like very live mod (just opinion)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-05-2015, 08:05:59 »
Very nice !

Unfortunately i was already expecting this because of the stream, still I didn't see the variant with the helmet and it looks great.

Btw can somebody explain why the paratrooper model was planned for africa and maybe show how it looks like ?

Also to add to the commentaries above I'd like to say that FH2 devs would be very nice if they could release everything they got if they give up on the mod one day so the tournaments can keep on living on all the content that was never used because of a lack of maps (i'm especially thinking about all the french equipment but there could be other things that we don't know like this mysterious african front british paratrooper model made by Remdul).

Still in my opinion the best would be to gradually add stuff you know you probably won't use just for the sake of the tournaments and keeping the community alive and busy until you find a good use for these equipments, vehicles and playermodels or not.

Please consider it I believe it's a great idea to motivate mappers and the community.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 08:05:25 by Hauggy »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-05-2015, 09:05:44 »
Well I am not sure if that's their thing. They had a half done Siegfried Line which they had abandoned long before, and when I asked to finish it they told me they didn't give away unreleased stuff and said I should convert it from scratch. It is a shame, we could've played with it right this campaign instead of recycling some older maps.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25-05-2015, 10:05:00 »
They had a half done Siegfried Line which they had abandoned long before, and when I asked to finish it they told me they didn't give away unreleased stuff and said I should convert it from scratch. It is a shame, we could've played with it right this campaign instead of recycling some older maps.
Your butthurt again? Apparently Siegrief Line is the only abandoned map you know about, and your reaction about it proves that you have no clue what are you talking about again. In the past there were probably dozens of them, and they were abandoned for mutliple reasons. In case of Siegfried Line, it wasn't really abandoned, it was never presented to the team and according to the mapper, it wasn't even planned to be released. The mentioned retiring mapper contributed it to the team, in his "goodbye" message, but none ever felt like finishing it because it was a fictional scenario, without anything special in it not visual nor gameplay wise (= not worth huge amount of work it would need). If you want it so bad, you should really take Battlefield 2142 Verdun map and convert it into FH2, because that's what famous Siegfried Line was.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 10:05:08 by jan_kurator »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25-05-2015, 10:05:01 »
Jan I don't get why you post anything on this forum at all. The only word that describes you is "toxic". You're toxic on all fronts jan, and we always have a problem in communicating. It's either you who read posts from his arse or it's me who can't describe things simply enough.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25-05-2015, 11:05:17 »
Well, it might be you who can't describe things simply enough or you who can't understand simple things. Hauggy mentioned releasing the content in case development will be ceased. And who knows? Maybe one day, devs will release everything they've got if they will decide to abandon FH2 for good for any reason. How Siegfriend Line, you wanted to finish so badly, is related especially when it was content never planned to be released and FH2 dev team is still active? Can you explain the reason why you mention it other than just sake of moaning about devs policy? Also, why did you clearly exaggerate your statement saying that map was half done, what is not true, and you clearly don't know that, because you have never seen that map?
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 11:05:09 by jan_kurator »

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-05-2015, 11:05:03 »
Come on Jan you could be a bit more diplomatic...

I also never mentionned maps as I was sure that if they are not released it's probably because they have close to no interest or they are still being worked on.

I was more talking about actual weapons, uniforms and vehicles for mappers to put on new original maps or older ones.

Also wether the devs want to release that now or when they give up with the project honestly it's up to them but imo the sooner would be for the best in order to keep us busy until the eastern front release.

Also I want to add that we already have a part of the siegfried line in the game (Hurtgen Forest).
« Last Edit: 25-05-2015, 11:05:56 by Hauggy »