Author Topic: I can't get a new online account  (Read 427 times)

Offline Ectoplasm

• View Profile
I can't get a new online account
« on: 21-05-2015, 19:05:13 »
Hi,

FH2 worked very well until May last year, then I went on vacation  and when I got home, unable to connect, I have a black screen and crash to desktop.
Not finding solutions, I stop until today. (Yes nostalgia is too strong) Always having the problem I re install the game (steam), and downloaded and installed the latest version of fh2. I have done no more.
The game works perfectly in solo mode.
When I run the game via launcher, with my old online profile:
"The server has refused the connection"
I saw other people on this forum had this problem and could solve it by creating a new profile. But when I try to create a new ingame profile by connecting with the launcher using "none", I 've still  get "the server has refused the connection"

I don't know what to do  :'(  and I request Your Help.

PS: I use this post to tell a very  great  thank  to the creators, and all those that allow the development and sustains this wonderful mod. it's really great job, and it was (and I hope I can continue) a pleasure to play.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: I can't get a new online account
« Reply #1 on: 21-05-2015, 22:05:10 »
When that error "server refuses connection" occurs, it seems that it is not an account problem. Have you tried the Repair option?

Offline Ectoplasm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-05-2015, 23:05:03 »
Yes I did.

I read that it was necessary to remove our old accounts (those used with gamespy) and create a new one. But when I run the establishment, and it takes 30-40 sec and say "The server has refused the connection"

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-05-2015, 00:05:27 »
It is not necessary to remove your old account, technically it never existed on the new master server, so all you had to do was to run the game through the launcher for the first time with your old nick and it would create your "new" account with the exact name you used before. If run the game, then deleted your account, it probably means you already deleted that account from the new master server and what you're doing now is reviving it. I'm not sure if that might cause your problem but did you try creating completely new account with a different name?

Offline Ectoplasm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-05-2015, 15:05:55 »
When I start the game with my old nick with the launcher, a window appears showing a connection attempt to gamespy server.

When I start the game with"none", and after try to create a new account, i get "The server has refused the connection"

When I start the game with"none", and after select my old nick, i get "The server has refused the connection"

fh2 and BF2 are set as exceptions in the firewall.

In fact i don t know to what it try to connect.

TY for your answers, don t hesitate to ask me for useful informations to solve that problem.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-05-2015, 16:05:31 »
 There were 2 releases last year:

2.47 - May 2014
2.48 - July 2014

Make sure you are up to date

;)

Offline Ectoplasm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-05-2015, 18:05:41 »
I have deleted all bf 2 folders yesterday (included mods)  and re install the game from steam, and dowload and instal fh 2.48.