Author Topic: FH Launcher = Black screen  (Read 1030 times)

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
FH Launcher = Black screen
« on: 17-05-2015, 03:05:32 »
So I just downloaded the game, I have bf2 patched up as instructed and I have everything updated, but when I try to run the launcher I just get a black screen followed by a smaller black screen and then the screen goes back to desktop with no error messages or anything.
Tried running the game in every compatible mode with no luck, tried in windowed mode with the same results, tried checking intro movie boxes etc, changed resolution and everything in every single possible way, but I only get this black screen, it's frustrating as hell.
Please help, I really want to start playing.   ???

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Re: FH Launcher = Black screen
« Reply #1 on: 17-05-2015, 11:05:27 »
Have you tried update/repair function in FH2 launcher ?

can you run dxdiag.exe without any errors/problems ?

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-05-2015, 12:05:36 »
Yeah I tried to use the repair/update function, Im now trying to reinstall it using the two separate download files instead of the full launcher download, maybe that helps somehow.
EDIT:
Reinstalled everything, still got the same issue. I press play, and I get a black screen followed by a smaller windowed black screen and then I just get redirected to the desktop like nothing ever happened.
« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 13:05:18 by K-nine1 »

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-05-2015, 14:05:06 »
hmm.
if you installed in correct order

bf2
patch 1.41
patch 1.5
Fh2

I would then check gfx driver. Have you updated recently to a new gfx driver, then try to rollback or install older driver?

try other resolutions or hz. make sure to run 32bit colors in monitor settings

Do you have enough free ram/hdd space ? Do you use swapfile ?

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-05-2015, 14:05:34 »
Yes, I have bf2 installed in that direct order, I have Project Reality as well so It's already installed.

I'll try to run some new resolutions and check the driver.

I have 8gb Ram, it's a brand new computer so im positive I should have enough.

Thanks for the replies and help btw!  :)

EDIT: Tried all resolutions and hz settings with no luck, screen turns black and Im just back to desktop.
Tried reinstalling 3 times, but nothing works.
This is so damn frustrating...There is no other posts with a solution on the forum either :/

I have no idea what swapfile is and my graphics driver is up to date, I have AMD R4 graphics on this laptop, it runs games such as red orchestra on Ultra settings and Arma 3 on medium so I have no wonder why this wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 14:05:58 by K-nine1 »

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-05-2015, 15:05:20 »
I tried launching from a different launcher icon and then I got this, but I just went straight to the black screen, not in the options or anything, im starting to just give up on this game.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-05-2015, 15:05:15 »
that error message looks like some shader gfx error. Hopefully some other user can help you :-)

You probaly tried to set game gfx settings to low or off already in launcher

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-05-2015, 15:05:36 »
That error message looks like something went wrong with the BF2 install. Which is weird, because you say that PR works fine, right?

Maybe try solution 2 from this thread, as it has something to do with not working shaders: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-05-2015, 17:05:14 »
That error message looks like something went wrong with the BF2 install. Which is weird, because you say that PR works fine, right?

Maybe try solution 2 from this thread, as it has something to do with not working shaders: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0

Tried the solution2, but I don't even have the shader_client-vanilla file that's being mentioned. And the rapidshare links aren't longer active so I can't download them either. The file sizes aren't even the same as the one I got in my directory.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-05-2015, 17:05:14 »
OK, here is my shaders_client file (bf2/mods), hope it helps.

http://www.filedropper.com/shadersclient

Offline K-nine1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-05-2015, 20:05:59 »
Thanks, but I managed to get it working by deleting and reinstalling bf2 and Fh2. No idea what I did wrong the first time, but its working now! :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-05-2015, 21:05:52 »
Ah, nice to hear it's working now!