Author Topic: Webley chamber won't move upon firing  (Read 515 times)

Offline ctbear

• View Profile
Webley chamber won't move upon firing
« on: 11-05-2015, 20:05:10 »
A small animation issue
« Last Edit: 28-12-2015, 18:12:25 by Roughbeak »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Webley chamber won't move
« Reply #1 on: 27-05-2015, 10:05:11 »
That is true indeed! In addition to that, the model is missing some details and the textures are too worn. We need to keep in mind that back then Webleys would only be about twenty-five to thirty years old. Even to-day, most of them still retain a nice layer of blueing! As for rhe missing details, the hammer would need to be re-worked and the screw to the front-sight added.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Webley chamber won't move
« Reply #2 on: 27-05-2015, 18:05:41 »
I don't remember at which point this animation became broken, but I remember that few patches ago chamber was rotating without any problems. Maybe it can be reverted, to fix the chamber's movement. When it comes to model, it is in FH2 since the first release, it is obviously less detailed than some newer models, back then, many years ago, FH2 wasn't focused on details that much I suppose. Just look at the level of details and scale of the early FH2 maps and compare them to the maps from the latest releases. Many of you probably don't even remember the first Thompson M1928 made by by McGibs, dev responsible also for the Webley, before it was replaced by PointBlank86's model in 2.45 patch. I doubt it will be ever changed tho, devs are too busy with polishing new content ;)