Author Topic: New background video  (Read 596 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
New background video
« on: 29-03-2015, 11:03:09 »
I feel the current (and classic) Forgotten Hope background has become something of white noise.
Back in 0.7, I could get caught in seeing the whole video just to get myself in the proper state of mimicry
before getting ingame.

Now, it doesn't relate much. Partly, because it doesn't show what REALLY happens in FH2.

I feel with so much HD videos out now, higher resolution on most computers and a clear scope i.e. North Africa, Mediterranean and Western Europe, we should have footage from that arena, with focus on those from exact battles we capture.

We have Omaha, Gold beach... I think these could have some really epic footage we can put in, and lose the naval scenes altogether.

Also, perhaps we can try one of these songs,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nk4SGh9aJ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uye00xO9ZQo

Or for something faster, more epic, there's that theme from Battlefield 1942's Secret weapons of WWII, which is excellent mood music as you load up.

I think this could breathe some minor, albeit appreciated new life into the packaging of the Mod.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: New background video
« Reply #1 on: 29-03-2015, 13:03:39 »
I wouldn't mind new, good quality video in the background but why you do want to change FH2's music into some random music from youtube which is most likely a copyrighted material? Also, didn't you suggest it at least once in the past already?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-03-2015, 19:03:52 »
No. I commented on someone's fan made video, providing tips on footage.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-03-2015, 21:03:29 »
Agree when it comes to the menu video. It looks a little like lego on high resolution

menu_music.ogg in common_client_sounds_5.zip\Sound\Menu\music you can change by your self with "Bf2 Sound Tools"

I had menu_music.ogg changed with main theme from "Where Eagles Dare" some moths ago, but had to switch back to orginal because of a mem error once in while. Maybe file was to large and should be same size

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-2015, 11:03:46 »
Thanks man  :)