Author Topic: Aspect Ratio not correct/working  (Read 377 times)

Offline RobBob

• View Profile
Aspect Ratio not correct/working
« on: 12-03-2015, 23:03:09 »
I looked thru the posts but didn't see anything relating to this.

The "Aspect Ratio" (or something) under Video options in the FH2 launcher seems to have no effect.  No matter what combination of resolution and/or Aspect Ratio I pick the in-game images look like a 4:3 image stretched to 16:9.  Everything's "fat", tires are ovals, etc.  I can find no in-game options to correct this either.

I have a brand new Asus 16:9 monitor running 1920 x 1080 and an Radeon HD 57xx graphics card.  If I hook up my old 4:3 1280 x 1024 monitor everything looks OK.  It's like the game thinks I have a 4:3 monitor regardless what I tell it.

Ideas?  Thanks!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Aspect Ratio not correct/working
« Reply #1 on: 13-03-2015, 03:03:04 »
I'm afraid, it's a feature of the Battlefield 2 engine - in display modes wider than 4:3 it chooses the middle between increasing the field of view and stretching the picture. In my experience, you will stop noticing that after some time.
The "Aspect Ratio" option in the launcher only affects the HUD by adapting it to the aspect ratio, it can't fix the "fat" objects and ovals in 16:9, sadly.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
Re: Aspect Ratio not correct/working
« Reply #2 on: 15-03-2015, 08:03:30 »
Perhaps the resolution has not actually changed and is being scaled to fill. Take a screenshot and confirm it is 1920x1080. Disable scaling (or set centered) in Catalyst Control Center and Asus monitor settings. Try creating a new temporary profile to test with. Confirm the resolution in the applicable profile configuration file:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ForgottenHp 2\Profiles\0001\Video.con
VideoSettings.setResolution 1920x1080@60Hz

This screenshot shows no aspect ratio distortion: