Author Topic: Can I use my legit BF2 key twice?  (Read 355 times)

Offline LtChambers

• View Profile
Can I use my legit BF2 key twice?
« on: 24-02-2015, 22:02:46 »
It's been a long time since I've played BF2. I still have the box sitting around and presumably the CD key is inside (will have to check when I get home). I've been playing WarThunder and got my wife to play with me too. Can we both play with my old CD key?

I fondly remember the in-vehicle teamwork that was possible with the Battlefield series (especially helicopters between pilot and gunners). I'm hoping to find that in FH2 with the tanks and perhaps planes. I couldn't find much information on the vehicle mechanics in FH2 on the website or forums (I haven't looked through a lot of videos yet). Is it just like BF'42 and BF2 tanks where the second player only controls a machine gun, or is it more realistically split between driver/gunner? What about fighter-bombers - does the bomber get a bomb sight and tailgun?
« Last Edit: 24-02-2015, 22:02:58 by LtChambers »

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use my legit BF2 key twice?
« Reply #1 on: 25-02-2015, 12:02:11 »
I´m not exactly sure, but since EA stopped their backend and FH started using a replacement, I think there are no more CD key checks in place, meaning the "your CD key is in use" message should be a thing of the past..

About the vehicles, I find the M3 Grant and Lee tanks with two turrets to be vehicle that can profit the most from multiple players manning it. On normal tanks I mostly prefer a seat on top over the hull MG seat when driving to unsafe territory, because having an all around view is more important than more firepower in a small area infront of the tank. Some planes have rear gunner seats, but thats just for defense in case of air attacks. The bombs are always dropped by the pilot. Only the scout plane gives the the passenger the ability to place artillery spots.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Re: Can I use my legit BF2 key twice?
« Reply #2 on: 28-02-2015, 05:02:38 »
To clarify, standard vehicles can be crewed by only a single player (no separated gunner/driver in most tanks). This is mostly just because the game doesn't require players to use VOIP, and without that 2 player tanks are unrealistically ineffective in public games.

There are definitely plenty of teamwork opportunities though, much more than in vBF194/BF2. Players generally stick pretty close to their squad, as infantry or otherwise, and so it's easier to keep track of people you're playing with than if you were playing a less organized FPS.