Author Topic: increase bots in coop - sorry but i have tried edit con file/s still fail  (Read 265 times)

Offline TDoctor

• View Profile
firstly i apologise if in wrong place-  i barely know how to post a reply aside from etiquette of them.

so even if you can point me where i should be asking this would be help and i'll be sure to go to correct area.

I   have edited ai file/s in c/bf/mods/fh2/ai-aidefault.con  and also edited the con files -i have two folders Default and 0001 both containing server settings.con files that i edit.

after load game to test edits-  only to find bots have not increased i go back to con files and notice that they have reverted to max bots 48.

i'm pulling my hair out here!  i dont even get 48 bots( 47 plus me)

i am only ever getting 41 ( 40 bots plus me !!)  ahhh.

any help would b greatly appreciated as i know this stuff tedious for most folks.

thanks for any assist

Tobey

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
what about increasing number of bots in gameplay options in the FH2 launcher?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Use the launcher to set Bot count or edit the file "fh2/ai/UserSettings.ai"

Alternatively, you can edit the aidefault.ai file and remove the line
"run UserSettings.ai". Be aware that now, changes via the launcher settings will not apply.

If you want to add more than 48 bots, be sure to adjust the ratio properly.
Ratio 100 means the max bots (48) are assigned to Team 1, which is usually the Axis side, and the rest (your botcount - 48) will be added to Team 2.

Ratio 58 for example will assign 58% of the max bots the game can recognize (48) to Team 1.
That is 58x0.48 = 27.84 and that means 28 bots are going to be on the Axis side. If you now set your botcount to 75, 47 bots (75 bots overall - 28 Axis team bots) will spawn as Allied (Team 2).

Now you are good to go and all problems with adjusting the Ai should be solved.
« Last Edit: 19-02-2015, 11:02:41 by Darman »