Author Topic: Lag when playing with bots or multiplayer  (Read 319 times)

Offline ComradeTito

• SMRT FAŠIZMU - SLOBODA NARODU!
    • View Profile
Lag when playing with bots or multiplayer
« on: 14-01-2015, 18:01:28 »
Hey all, I need help with this annoying problem:
I can normally play BF2 with bots or in MP without any lag on low to medium settings, but on FH2 I cant play even on the lowest settings.  ??? ??? I really don't understand why or how is this happening.
My specs are:
RAM: 2GB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.81GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6200 with 128 MB RAM
And yes I have a very old configuration. But still I can play games like BF2 or some simulators that require the same graphics.
Thanks in advance
Comrade Tito  :)
Tuđe nećemo, svoje nedamo
-Josip Broz Tito

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Lag when playing with bots or multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 16-01-2015, 09:01:42 »
Tito listen >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I have prosesor 2.01 and GPU 512 mb and can play fh2 mp normaly(with some small lags sometime) and singleplay is lagy so i dont know how you making fh2 playable.The best way is to play only multyplay and get some better comp
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-01-2015, 15:01:30 »
Hey Tito

I really don't have enough evidence of this, but it could be the number of bots slowing you down in singleplayer/co-op.

Often times the mod computes these things making it often times slow. For an example, it is very difficult for me to play Omaha Beach in singeplayer, because the number of bots.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2015, 21:01:54 by Roughbeak »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-01-2015, 23:01:31 »
Ah nice, that's almost my old PC configuration, but as I remember it often struggled even with FH1. The main problem is the CPU, 1.8 GHz just doesn't cut it anymore, especially with bots. Also, I think more RAM would be a nice idea, you can get this from a friend I'm sure, people usually have lots of old RAM sticks lying around, the question is only if you motherboard has empty slots for them?.

Unfortunately the Athlon 3000+ is single core, so even trying out something like HABAI: http://www.moddb.com/mods/habai
...that improves framerates with multi-core CPUs is not going to work.

Your best bet is a slight overclock of the CPU, I remember mine could be somewhat overclocked, but make sure your cooling is adequate and the cooler is clean from the dust buildup (new thermal paste wouldn't hurt either). Otherwise try to find someone who's throwing away his 10 year old PC with a dual core socket 939 CPU or even a newer, faster socket 939 from around 2006 for a performance boost. Here's the list of AMD cpus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_64_microprocessors

Anything from the 4000 and above series is probably a good upgrade if you can get it used for around 10 €.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2015, 23:01:54 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...