Author Topic: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack  (Read 39665 times)

Offline lolzelig

• View Profile
Re: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack
« Reply #135 on: 11-11-2016, 17:11:16 »
If your updater is still not working, you can also try this link, but then you have to install
the CMP manually (extract it, then copy the levels folders into the respective spot in your
BF2 installation folder).

https://files.fht.ovh/cmp.zip

We still urge players to use the updater and try to make it work, since it shows available updates
and helps to seed/share the CMP with other players. Bandwith for uploading is adjustable, so it does
not hamper the gaming experience.

Thanks for the link, finished the download in 5 minutes using it  :)

My updater didn't want to work.. i left it open while I was away from home, but no progress at all.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 28-11-2016, 17:11:20 »
Thank You all. Keep it up. Cant wait to play CMP in the future

In addition: "Metz", a map that has been readied up for FHT tournament play and
extensively polished by Airshark. We did test "Metz" in the last FHT campaign #17
"Darkest Hour" and the players enjoyed it a lot for its intense close quarters action.

Any newz about Metz and CMP ??

Oh hey. Great to see interest, the river is Metz right now makes a huge problem with pacing, especially for pubgaming. I had an idea to solve that but it needs a lot of time and ingenuity to solve, something to do with pushcode. Now, odium just wants to see it polished with some bugs fixed but that's not really enough in my opinion. And I only have standards for gameplay.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 30-11-2016, 11:11:18 »
Will the new [F|H] Pacific Maps be part of a future CMP-Update?

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 20-12-2016, 17:12:28 »
Is this the right place to post to discuss our thoughts on the CMP?

Usually I don't really like playing custom maps, but there have been some nice surprises in the server recently.  Particularity, I really enjoy the Invasion of the Philippines map, it brings back a lot of BF1942/FH1 nostalgia, it looks nice, it's very unique. Just a lot of fun. I think Battle Isle is quite good too (is this just a generic Pacific battle? Either way it's quite fun). Tulagi is also beautifully done, maybe it's just that sunset but it's a cool experience.

On the lesser side, I think I'll log off next time Bombing the Reich and the POW raid maps come up.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #139 on: 27-12-2016, 16:12:00 »
Thank you for the feedback, Pyjama.

Philippines is being worked on by 0utlaw, but may take more time to complete.
The massed air battles are not everyone's cup of tea, the POW map Cabantuan is
GeoPat's project. If you send him thoughts about how to improve it, he will surely
appreciate it.

Tulagi is pr0z4c's work, BattleIsle1944 is mainly Papillon's work (he helps out on all
other maps, too, when our junior mappers need assistance).
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 27-12-2016, 20:12:57 »
For my part, I think there are some really interesting maps in the CMP, such as Argentan, Battle of Salerno better in PUSH mod though), Bloody Gulch (better with Push), Bloody Marsh (Better with push), Brecourt Manor (better in PUSH mod), Etna line ( with tickets problem resolved when all flags captured by US), Orsholtz Switch, Sidi Muftah and Ste-Mère-Eglise. On the Pacific theater I like Tarawa even if there's the problem of balanced gameplay.

I don't really like the FH1 conversion even if it's fun to have 50 planes in the air in a gigantic mess (Bombing the Reich and Dover one) because I think the main difference between FH1 and FH2 is the realistic approach of mapping. FH1s'maps are fun and somewhat representative of the region of the battle, FH2 are built to be accurate even if the scale is not 1:1. And I really really appreciate that work from the devs.

Finally, I said there was the balanced gameplay problem on Tarawa, let me explain my thought.
In WW2, there were hundreds of soldiers and vehicles at the same time on the battlefield (especially during a landing operation) the defenders were entrenched and often less in number than the invaders. In FH2, and every games for now, the game model is asking you to have 50 against 50 or 32 against 32, there is no place for assymetrical warfares and that's the problem with Tarawa in my opinion. I played it 6 times I think, 4 times the US captured the HQ (last flag far right) by a SL piloting a warbird that intentionally crash landed to be able to bypass the coastal defenses, the other 2 times were actual squads heroicaly made their way at the pier or at the southwestern emplacement.

Overall, CMP is adding to the game, new theater, new enjoyable maps but often are less detailed, less polished (but hey... I tried twice to make a map with BF editor, I know it's hard, and long) but mainly, I don't really like the FH1 conversions maps and I would appreciate the conversion of most of the maps to the PUSH mode and to be balanced without interfering with realism (Tarawa is really well done, a nice job!)

Anyway, thank you to the community to let us enjoy these maps and to add content!

BIG THUMB UP
« Last Edit: 27-12-2016, 20:12:02 by Sgt.Collins »

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 31-12-2016, 18:12:39 »
It would be nice for an official Battle of Atlantic map.  :) Happy New Year!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 31-12-2016, 21:12:59 »

Any ideas? 
The Battle of Atlantic ran from 1939 to 1945.
Some CMP mapper might be happy to make something, but they would need more to go on.  I don't think official FH2 has any plans for naval warfare, btw.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 07-01-2017, 10:01:39 »

Any ideas? 
The Battle of Atlantic ran from 1939 to 1945.
Some CMP mapper might be happy to make something, but they would need more to go on.  I don't think official FH2 has any plans for naval warfare, btw.

They had one in the WaW map pack, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe we will get the Battle of Atlantic later, since the Devs made a U-boat model.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 08-01-2017, 05:01:07 »
Well, I'll just make one.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 08-01-2017, 10:01:15 »
Well, I'll just make one.
Excellent!!!

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 31-01-2017, 20:01:29 »
We play Tulagi this Friday!
Come on in, sign up and have some organized battle fun!

The Battle of Tulagi was a land battle in the Pacific theatre of war. The battle was fought between the forces of the Imperial Japanese Navy and the United States Marine. The battle took place during the inital Allied landings in the Guadalcanal campaign. In contrast to the intense fighting on Tulagi, the landings on Guadalcanal were essentially unopossed.The Japanese forces where determined to defend Tulagi to the end. Fh2 map made by Stubbfan and Pr0z4c

Server Password: florida

What do you need
Below you can see all the software needed.
This campaign we will use our very own custom updater for easier access to everyone.
We will also provide direct download files in case the updater is not working

Community Updater
http://files.forgottenhonor.com/fh2/CommunityUpdater/FH2CommunityUpdater.exe
Install both the Forgotten Honor Tournament and the Community Mappack (if you do not already have it)

If the Updater does not work for you: Manual ZIP download. Extract to bf2/mods
Forgotten Honor Adddon: https://files.fht.ovh/fh2.zip
Community Mappack: https://files.fht.ovh/cmp.zip

Forgotten Hope 2
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php

TeamSpeak 3
https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

Battlefield 2 - Not Official
https://battlelog.co/

If you have any problems or bugs post in the thread below

http://forgottenhonor.nl/forums/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=981

The FH2 Branch Management

Click Below To Join

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 31-01-2017, 20:01:36 »
I am kinda cynical about this, since the FH1 version was not that good.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 31-01-2017, 20:01:57 »
It' not "Toolaggy" anymore :-)
Give it a try.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 31-01-2017, 20:01:12 »
It' not "Toolaggy" anymore :-)
Give it a try.
Ok, I'll try as soon as I stop downloading a file. Actually its not a bad map. I like the setting sun.