Author Topic: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack  (Read 39549 times)

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
Re: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack
« Reply #150 on: 31-01-2017, 21:01:46 »
yeah it's quite reddish :-)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 31-01-2017, 21:01:03 »
yeah it's quite reddish :-)
Also, there is less spawn rape  :)
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 31-01-2017, 21:01:05 »
I actually don't remember that on the fh1 version. too long ago

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 31-01-2017, 21:01:34 »
I actually don't remember that on the fh1 version. too long ago
In the FH1 version they had flame-throwing Shermans and Fletchers bombarding you, while the Air force was helpless.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #154 on: 08-02-2017, 00:02:05 »
EDIT: outdated, please check last post.
« Last Edit: 21-03-2017, 13:03:39 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 08-02-2017, 09:02:47 »
EDIT: outdated, please check last post.
Nice, but I will wait for the full release.
« Last Edit: 21-03-2017, 22:03:41 by Roughbeak »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 08-02-2017, 18:02:06 »
I'll have a look in local to find as much fixable stuff as possible :)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 12-02-2017, 15:02:39 »
Alert: its IMO
and mostly about pacific
- removing battleships and heavy bombers from game  as they cant be represent well as strategic assets. Midway would be more interested if there instead battleships be 4 destroyers and 1 sub and PT boat for each side(also woud get more balanced ship to ship fights). And even medium bombers should be so restricted as to spawn only 1 or 2 times whatever map it is
- making turning of destroyers little harder so subs can fire from distance, and maybe even little lover speed of destroyers
-make torpedo more deadly
- Make only one or two ships have radar which covers even larger area but with slow turning rate of radar
- make hidroplanes be recconises planes/ can have mashineguns, but ad that driver on right click can look below plane
- more history acurate asset choise, like with Etna line-remove G43 or similar. IMO I would prefer historic accurate assets than trying make balance
-Also I would include in CMP mostly only Italian and Pacific campaign maps as FH2 doesnt cover that areas with exeptions like Sidi Muftah,BoB or really really uniqe maps (people dont want more European or African maps as FH2 covers that and you should bring refresh to FH2)

Again IMO,open for discussion
(Maybe too much work for little team)
« Last Edit: 12-02-2017, 15:02:48 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 12-02-2017, 15:02:41 »
-Also I would include in CMP mostly only Italian and Pacific campaign maps as FH2 doesnt cover that areas with exeptions like Sidi Muftah,BoB or really really uniqe maps (people dont want more European or African maps as FH2 covers that and you should bring refresh to FH2)
I 100% agree with this. Some maps are simply boring, as they don't bring anything new and fresh, visually nor gameplay wise. I'm not even talking about maps that looks WIP or are bugged in some ways (substandard to FH2 stock maps). Many of them simply don't have that potential Pacific Front  has, and since it will never be a part of the official development, I think that's an area where CMP should focus. I would not mind seeing custom Eastern Front maps too.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 13-02-2017, 13:02:30 »
I 100% agree with this. Some maps are simply boring, as they don't bring anything new and fresh, visually nor gameplay wise. I'm not even talking about maps that looks WIP or are bugged in some ways (substandard to FH2 stock maps). Many of them simply don't have that potential Pacific Front  has, and since it will never be a part of the official development, I think that's an area where CMP should focus. I would not mind seeing custom Eastern Front maps too.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21285.0

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 13-02-2017, 22:02:35 »
I 100% agree with this. Some maps are simply boring....

Ahhh. Some One could say the same about some old stock maps. But why? I dont get the point

CMP has been running just fine for some time. Most players have the map pack and its very refreshing to play a bigger palette of maps with +80 players.

The only maps I sometimes dont feel like playing are the ported stock 1942 maps. They are well made, but its like watching the first starwars again and agian. I rather Load up bf1942 and play Wake etc.. and its fun :-)  Why were these copy maps ported into fh2 cmp ?

Btw: dust2 removed from the csgo map pool
https://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-strike-global-offensive/csgo-dust2-inferno-active-duty

Offline Melvin

• View Profile
    • World at War - A Gaming Community
« Reply #161 on: 20-02-2017, 02:02:28 »

Ahhh. Some One could say the same about some old stock maps. But why? I dont get the point

CMP has been running just fine for some time. Most players have the map pack and its very refreshing to play a bigger palette of maps with +80 players.

I don't think all the maps are fully complete in terms of suitability for Pubbie play.  Ah, the chaotic, non-strategic play of the mob.  It takes skill to get the design right when converting a tournament map (as many were originally) to a map for Pubbie play.  I like the variety of the maps.  The "sameness" could be said of so many vanilla maps we have played hundreds of times.  I don't see the size of the download as being too bad for people these days, either.  Heck, I stopped using my 56K dial-up months ago.

The only maps I sometimes dont feel like playing are the ported stock 1942 maps. They are well made, but its like watching the first starwars again and agian. I rather Load up bf1942 and play Wake etc.. and its fun :-)  Why were these copy maps ported into fh2 cmp ?

A new theater of operations has been made available to the community.  Porting to the old BF1942 / FH1 maps was a means to the end.  Their conversion was easiest to get to the Pacific theater fast.  Mappers have access to the new Pacific theater mod to create new scenarios, although there is still work on more equipment for the mod.  I think that was the greatest contribution to the community for years.
WaW Administrator
[WaW]TA|Melvin, https://www.bfewaw.com, TS3 at ts.bfewaw.com

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 20-02-2017, 20:02:32 »
Yes. I understand :-)
But in this thread everybody incl my self jumped bandwagon against china copycats
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20225.0

Hi,
First of all, in terms of copyright: Everybody can make a minimod for FH2 and release it, as long as it does not contain copyrighted material from other developers and as long as it requires a valid installation of Forgotten Hope 2 to run.

So Pacific maps + assets etc. from bf1942 is not copyrighted from other developers ?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 20-02-2017, 20:02:22 »
But in this thread everybody incl my self jumped bandwagon against china copycats

So Pacific maps + assets etc. from bf1942 is not copyrighted from other developers ?

I'm not sure what you mean. BF1942 content is fair game (afaik) considering FH2 uses their voices. The other assets that the CMP uses are bought and paid for from various sources on the internet. OR they've gotten permission to use them from the people who made them.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 20-02-2017, 20:02:14 »

I'm not sure what you mean. BF1942 content is fair game (afaik) considering FH2 uses their voices. The other assets that the CMP uses are bought and paid for from various sources on the internet. OR they've gotten permission to use them from the people who made them.

Ok. Thanks. I did not know :-)