Author Topic: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]  (Read 37479 times)

Offline blazkowicz

• View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]
« Reply #135 on: 08-04-2018, 15:04:00 »

Hi guys, I just have one question :

Do we need to download the map packs or are there already integrated in the lastest version of Forgotten Hope 2 ?

Have a nice day guys !

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 09-04-2018, 10:04:15 »
They need to be downloaded

Offline batistadk

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 26-05-2018, 08:05:00 »
Alright, there we go...

As I downloaded and installed the new patch, but unable to play them on COOP, I continued with my routine on the older maps, including these from the Forgotten Maps Pack and those from the EF 2.52. As I expected, most of them are showing issues. :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm sure these problems are related to 2.53 because they weren't happening until yesterday. So, if someone are experiencing the same problems, or others related, or if anyone has a solution for them, feel free to post here! I don't know if Darman are checking the forum nowadays, so I don't know if we can count on his support by now. Anyway, below is a small list with the issues I have seen so far. I'll try to test more maps and keep listing the bugs...

- Advance on Foy (all layers): most of times, the game crashes on loading screen, at 62%. The only time it managed to load, the game crashed a couple of minutes after round started.
 - Arad (all layers): some houses have lightning problems. The textures looked messed up, with bright and totally black spots, mainly on roofs but on some walls too, as a chess board. :P The gameplay is quite good though.
 - Beda Fomm: the game crashes after a couple of minutes of round start.
 - Bloody Gulch (all layers): always crashes after 15 or 30s of gameplay. And some statics have the same problem as Arad.
 - Dukla Pass (all layers): the same lightmap issues as Arad, but this matter was explained by Ts just below. The gameplay is fine.
 - Sammatus (all layers): this map shows a python problem right on the start, something related to kits. The game always crashes.

Thanks in advance!

batistadk
« Last Edit: 15-07-2018, 00:07:32 by batistadk »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 26-05-2018, 08:05:08 »
Those sp maps are not official. For instance, Arad is now outdated compared to the one in 2.53. In 2.53 the lightmaps of many Eastern Front statics were updated, so they had to be regenerated on all maps. This hasn't happened on your old ones, so they have lightmapping bugs.

Offline batistadk

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 26-05-2018, 08:05:15 »
Hey Ts. Indeed, they are not. That's why I'm posting right here, to see if someone that uses the good old pack have the same problems. About the official maps, they are running juuuust fine, as usual. But you see, I got fond of this addon, and wouldn't like to set the maps aside.

As I am no coder, I have to wait and see if Darman is still around... I hope so.

Thanks for the answer sir!

batistadk

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 01-06-2018, 20:06:57 »
Advance on Foy and Bloody Gulch are cmp maps and they need to be updated first before they can work in 2.53, this goes for both mp and sp.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #141 on: 16-06-2018, 11:06:23 »
Are the mappacks in the first post campatible with Version 2.53?

Where can i find DJ Barneys HABAI mod?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 16-06-2018, 13:06:51 »
Are the mappacks in the first post campatible with Version 2.53?

Where can i find DJ Barneys HABAI mod?
No

Not sure if that works with 2.53 either, and the only thing I can find on it in a quick search is a testrelease.