Author Topic: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]  (Read 100117 times)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps (SP/COOP) DOWNLOAD
« Reply #15 on: 25-11-2014, 13:11:56 »
You probably picked those maps up in the custom maps topic of the modding section. Many maps in there are shown with the info "AI = yes" and also appear in coop selection, but in fact they never had a navmesh created or AI scripts included. This is the fault of the developers. They sometimes don't check the info/mapname.desc script before release and forget to delete all unsupported modes.

Unfortunatly, without a navmesh, I won't attend to a map, so I won't fix them. Even though I know the theory of creating navmesh and adding full AI support to any fitting map, tests in the pasts proved to be extensive waste of time and led to nothing but unexplained CTDs. So I will not pursue this further and let the navmeshing to those who get it working.

For an upgraded version.

I still don't think I get your question but theres no special way of packing the map files to the server.zip and client.zip files, If you've done all the scripting right. There is a python tool that can pack the stuff for you and update the tmp.con file, though.
ah i think i get ur point, i chekked the gamemode files of brecourt manor and
orzholt swift they only contains gpm_cq so their only build for conquest online?
thats to bad because they look like nice maps to orzholt swift is detailed with snow and contains a 16 and 64 version and the other one is a big map somewhere in french 64 version they also stand in my sp list but if i click play they crash to desktop to so their never made for coop or single player i guess

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-11-2014, 14:11:15 »
To be able to play it with bots, a map needs a navmesh. That is the orientiation and navigation grid for the AI to walk on. So that they know where they can go and where the objects and hills/slopes are.

If the folders "AIPathfinding" and "AI" are not present in a maps "server.zip", the map will not work in coop or SP.

Anyway, I've never heard of this "Orzholt Swift" map. Was it part of a Forgotten Honor or WAW Tournament? Because I can't find it on the Internet at all.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-11-2014, 16:11:57 »
To be able to play it with bots, a map needs a navmesh. That is the orientiation and navigation grid for the AI to walk on. So that they know where they can go and where the objects and hills/slopes are.

If the folders "AIPathfinding" and "AI" are not present in a maps "server.zip", the map will not work in coop or SP.

Anyway, I've never heard of this "Orzholt Swift" map. Was it part of a Forgotten Honor or WAW Tournament? Because I can't find it on the Internet at all.
i cant find a pathfinding map in the server zip i guess it was for mp only
i have no clue or these were tournement maps it says costum maps by some russian dude

here some screenshots maby anyone know these maps here

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-11-2014, 17:11:41 »
I remember the first one in France. I think it was once part of an FH campaign I participated in, some years ago.
The second one looks awesome. I love winter maps. But I can't find it anywhere on the internet. Would you be so kind to upload it somewhere so I can take a look at it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it, it works great with bots! Some python errors, though.  Will be fixing that. Thanks for hinting me to that map. Btw, it is now called "Operation Solistice" or "Unternehmen Sonnenwende". Which is, in fact, a little weird because it seems to be a Bulge map, when Sonnenwende was actually an offensive on the Eastern Front.
« Last Edit: 25-11-2014, 18:11:12 by Darman »

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-11-2014, 18:11:59 »
Hey guys,

What does you need to know about these maps?
Brecourt and Orscholz are not navmeshed for now, but in the future I could do it. The latest versions of these maps will be included in the 762 custom map pack somewhere in the near future.
Unternehmen Sonnenwende is the very first version of Orscholz map and was created with intend to be battle between Russian and German troops, due to I don't know when the Eastern front will be released I converted Sonnenwende to Orscholz. I think Sonnenwende navmesh  is good and you will have a fun with it. If you need anything else let me know.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-11-2014, 18:11:22 »
Thanks for the intel, man.

The navmesh works perfect, thank you. I fixed some python errors with your wip version and added a loadmap to it, also renamed it back to Orscholtz (I downloaded some WIP version that was labeled Sonnenwende with US vs Germany, so..). But thats just for personal use right now. If you release it soon, I won't publish it here in any way. Looking forward to that custom mappack for sure!
« Last Edit: 25-11-2014, 18:11:54 by Darman »

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-11-2014, 19:11:37 »
Your Kasserine keeps crashing,
Please check the Textures again:
Skydome.cloudTexture common\textures\cloud\cloud08 BF2
Skydome.cloudTexture2 common\textures\cloud\cloud06 FH2
Skydome.skyTexture common\textures\sky\skyclear09 BF2

Your Map client should include it, instead I found 2 unused Skytextures,
Bou Zid and Overcast.

Regards
Knoch
« Last Edit: 28-11-2014, 02:11:49 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-11-2014, 19:11:42 »
Are you sure this is the reason for a crash? Texture related crashs should appear during the loading of the map.

But for me and my beta testers the sky works fine and the map won't crash on startup. As far as I know, you only have to include the sky texture in a client.zip if it is a custom one and not one from the given pool of textures. Many maps don't have skybox textures stashed in their client files and can still use it. Btw those unused came from test runs.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-11-2014, 21:11:57 »
Hey guys,

What does you need to know about these maps?
Brecourt and Orscholz are not navmeshed for now, but in the future I could do it. The latest versions of these maps will be included in the 762 custom map pack somewhere in the near future.
Unternehmen Sonnenwende is the very first version of Orscholz map and was created with intend to be battle between Russian and German troops, due to I don't know when the Eastern front will be released I converted Sonnenwende to Orscholz. I think Sonnenwende navmesh  is good and you will have a fun with it. If you need anything else let me know.
Nice thats awesome to hear and glad to see the dev of this maps is still active here to :)

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-11-2014, 23:11:49 »
Thank you very much for these maps.  I have really missed Kasserine Pass.  Good work!

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-11-2014, 02:11:06 »
I could solve the CTD, was a due to a Kits conflict.
Though the flickering of the Skydome Texture is imminent,
the Texture frequently turns into bright white overall,
every 15 secs?!

Your renewed current Beda-Fomm Sky would be perfect, I like the
fogsettings blending in the terrain. But the sun Flare position is wrong,
in order to solve, you must get an old FH2 Texture Gazala.dds (i.e. FH2 2.1) and
rework the Sky.con (Beda_Fomm_Final.rar) accordingly.
I'm testing some settings from you on this.
Thanks for your efforts
Knoch

"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-11-2014, 04:11:43 »
You are a badass, good sir. I very much thank you for doing this. Many hours of late-night playing are about to begin.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-11-2014, 09:11:55 »
I could solve the CTD, was a due to a Kits conflict.
Though the flickering of the Skydome Texture is imminent,
the Texture frequently turns into bright white overall,
every 15 secs?!

Your renewed current Beda-Fomm Sky would be perfect, I like the
fogsettings blending in the terrain. But the sun Flare position is wrong,
in order to solve, you must get an old FH2 Texture Gazala.dds (i.e. FH2 2.1) and
rework the Sky.con (Beda_Fomm_Final.rar) accordingly.
I'm testing some settings from you on this.
Thanks for your efforts
Knoch

I really have no idea why you are experiencing any ctds or sky flickering on Kasserine Pass. The map runs great for me and everyone I handed it to test. Did you have an old version of it present in your levels folder? I'm trying to reproduce but can't find a clue.

Thanks for hinting me on that Beda Fomm sunflare. It was so bright and the sun texture so shallow, I didn't even notice it was a little bit off. Anyway, these are the original Keren sun/flare settings, so i don't really get why I would check 2.1 gazala settings in order to solve this...?
« Last Edit: 28-11-2014, 09:11:51 by Darman »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-12-2014, 07:12:37 »
Could someone please nav-mesh these maps? http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19425.0

That would be amazing!

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05-12-2014, 13:12:24 »
Could someone please nav-mesh these maps? http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19425.0

That would be amazing!

I wanted to check these out earlier but the link is broken unfortunatly.