Author Topic: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]  (Read 100120 times)

Offline blazkowicz

• View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]
« Reply #135 on: 08-04-2018, 16:04:00 »

Hi guys, I just have one question :

Do we need to download the map packs or are there already integrated in the lastest version of Forgotten Hope 2 ?

Have a nice day guys !

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 09-04-2018, 11:04:15 »
They need to be downloaded

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 26-05-2018, 09:05:00 »
Alright, there we go...

As I downloaded and installed the new patch, but unable to play them on COOP, I continued with my routine on the older maps, including these from the Forgotten Maps Pack and those from the EF 2.52. As I expected, most of them are showing issues. :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm sure these problems are related to 2.53 because they weren't happening until yesterday. So, if someone are experiencing the same problems, or others related, or if anyone has a solution for them, feel free to post here! I don't know if Darman are checking the forum nowadays, so I don't know if we can count on his support by now. Anyway, below is a small list with the issues I have seen so far. I'll try to test more maps and keep listing the bugs...

- Advance on Foy (all layers): most of times, the game crashes on loading screen, at 62%. The only time it managed to load, the game crashed a couple of minutes after round started.
 - Arad (all layers): some houses have lightning problems. The textures looked messed up, with bright and totally black spots, mainly on roofs but on some walls too, as a chess board. :P The gameplay is quite good though.
 - Beda Fomm: the game crashes after a couple of minutes of round start.
 - Bloody Gulch (all layers): always crashes after 15 or 30s of gameplay. And some statics have the same problem as Arad.
 - Dukla Pass (all layers): the same lightmap issues as Arad, but this matter was explained by Ts just below. The gameplay is fine.
 - Sammatus (all layers): this map shows a python problem right on the start, something related to kits. The game always crashes.

Thanks in advance!

batistadk
« Last Edit: 15-07-2018, 01:07:32 by batistadk »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 26-05-2018, 09:05:08 »
Those sp maps are not official. For instance, Arad is now outdated compared to the one in 2.53. In 2.53 the lightmaps of many Eastern Front statics were updated, so they had to be regenerated on all maps. This hasn't happened on your old ones, so they have lightmapping bugs.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 26-05-2018, 09:05:15 »
Hey Ts. Indeed, they are not. That's why I'm posting right here, to see if someone that uses the good old pack have the same problems. About the official maps, they are running juuuust fine, as usual. But you see, I got fond of this addon, and wouldn't like to set the maps aside.

As I am no coder, I have to wait and see if Darman is still around... I hope so.

Thanks for the answer sir!

batistadk

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 01-06-2018, 21:06:57 »
Advance on Foy and Bloody Gulch are cmp maps and they need to be updated first before they can work in 2.53, this goes for both mp and sp.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #141 on: 16-06-2018, 12:06:23 »
Are the mappacks in the first post campatible with Version 2.53?

Where can i find DJ Barneys HABAI mod?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 16-06-2018, 14:06:51 »
Are the mappacks in the first post campatible with Version 2.53?

Where can i find DJ Barneys HABAI mod?
No

Not sure if that works with 2.53 either, and the only thing I can find on it in a quick search is a testrelease.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 23-07-2018, 14:07:19 »
As the author of this mappack, let me give a quick statement to avoid any confusion.

It is unfortunate (but was to be expected) that many aspects of this are now broken with the (excellent) recent patch to FH2.

This was created several years ago and I hope it was some fun to the people that enjoyed FH2 in singleplayer. Unfortunatly, due to my private life taking different directions, I can currently and in the forseeable future not work on any patch or update, or conversions for new maps. If anyone else wants to - please go ahead.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps (SP/COOP) DOWNLOAD - UPDATED 12/20/14
« Reply #144 on: 28-10-2018, 20:10:32 »
ooh alright cool
so next year you gonna try maps like cantania

and battle of salerno

these maps look really awesome to but i have no clue or they can have bot support or not but ill wait and see till somewhere next year =-p

here tomorrow its first xmas day today there wasnt much of a celibration yet :p
the only downside of xmas is that every year the same is on tv like the Grinch every year again
im like oh damn not again x-P
anyways have a nice xmas gents ;)

Darman, is it possible for you to navmesh this map, Battle of Salerno for 2.54? I remember playing it online once a few years ago and it was almost just as good as official FH2 maps.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 28-10-2018, 21:10:34 »
Hey, unfortunatly I do not have the time to work on full scale projects and conversions anymore. I remember taking a look at almost all the Italian front maps out there and experimenting with AI support for those about two years ago but decided against working on them for good reasons.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18-11-2018, 02:11:22 »
Hey Darman!

As we talked some weeks ago on another thread, I went on a test session for the maps in the Forgotten Maps pack and found those that are bugged for any reasons in 2.54. So here is my report:

1. Random CTD - these maps are fine about lightmapping etc., but for some reason, all of them crash after some time of gameplay: sometimes after a few seconds, other times after a couple of minutes. But they aren't playable at all. Beda Fomm, Bloody Gulch, Carentan, Juin 1944.

2. Minimap flag bug - on Operation Nordwind, the gameplay is just fine; no lightmapping issues and no crashes at all. On the other hand, when the map is loaded my minimap flags got bugged, as they don't appear at all. It somehow affects my whole install, as when I load any other map, including the official ones, the flags keep bugging, sometimes just some appear, other times no one at all. To correct it, I must run the repair tool on the launcher so everything come back to normal.

These are the bugged maps for 2.54. I assume they can be easily fixed by you, so if you have the time to take a look at them, it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

batistadk

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 18-11-2018, 03:11:52 »
This is a side note about Kasserine Pass. The map is working just fine in 2.54, but after some real gameplay, I noticed the map isn't on par with the quality standards of your mappack. Here is some personal impressions and feelings:

1. This is a very crude, unfinished map on layout, terrain and statics. Looks like you are on Mars or something.
2. Playing as infantry is very frustrating: there are virtually no cover, even close to the flags, so you turned to be easy meat for the tanks, time and time again.
3. Playing as tankist or vehicle crew is frustating as well: there is a veeery active aerial support, so you got blown by bombs after a few moments inside a vehicle. Many times you don't even have the chance to get to the frontline.
4. The artillery is quite misplaced; at least 50% of the AT guns are located in useless positions. There are almost no AA available, except for some German 88's; with so much air power, this lack of AA guns, mainly light calibers, affects both teams, the worse for the Americans, that doesn't have anything, except for a isolated and remote Bofors.
5. There are no ammo boxes available for infantry, and no ammo kits or ammo trucks for the vehicles. After you spent everything, you must run like hell in search of a remote truck or APC, or dump your Sherman or Tiger somewhere, if you have enough luck to survive 'till then.
6. The flags are very far away from each other, you simply don't have a chance to go from Hachem to Djebbas; the three frontline positions can't support each other, so remote and isolated they are.
7. The assets respawn is just overwhelming. Tigers, Stukas and P-40's keep coming to the point you don't give a damn anymore. So I got raped by the bots all the time.
8. The game on both layers progress very slowly and increasingly boring, as the bleeding depends of a team capturing ALL flags; the Germans must cap all three frontline flags (that's totally unreal) plus the Allied Main to start the bleeding. This way, a gameplay can last for hours, without a decisive blow to any side.

That's just a thought about the gameplay in this map. I know that changing all of that is really time-consuming, and probably beyond your interest, as it should involve overhauling the landscape etc. So, if you decide to give it a go, or just leave it alone, let me know! If you choose to not touch it, I'll probably be uninstalling the old map once and for all.

Thanks bro!

batistadk

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 18-11-2018, 23:11:20 »
1. Random CTD - these maps are fine about lightmapping etc., but for some reason, all of them crash after some time of gameplay: sometimes after a few seconds, other times after a couple of minutes. But they aren't playable at all. Beda Fomm, Bloody Gulch, Carentan, Juin 1944.

2. Minimap flag bug - on Operation Nordwind, the gameplay is just fine; no lightmapping issues and no crashes at all. On the other hand, when the map is loaded my minimap flags got bugged, as they don't appear at all. It somehow affects my whole install, as when I load any other map, including the official ones, the flags keep bugging, sometimes just some appear, other times no one at all. To correct it, I must run the repair tool on the launcher so everything come back to normal.

Thank you for the testing and gathering these results! I don't know when or if I will be able to fix the CTDs - I ran into the same issues when I tested over the last weeks and was not able to find a definitive reason so far. But maybe I'll get around to invest some more time to look at them again. The minimap error happened to me once, but was fixed after a restart of the game. I'll look at nordwinds python, but so far I didn't get any python error log for it, tbh with you I have no idea what else could cause it.

About Kasserine Pass: Yes it is indeed very crude. And very old, too. I don't know if it was ever intended for FH2, as it was spread among various other BF2 mods at some point. It's overall design is definitly not en par with other maps of this project and generally rather 1942ish. The reason I still added it was because it provides some mindless fun with ground and air vehicles and gave me an opportunity to add more US Army in North Afrika content. I am not a map designer. Currently I do not have any ambitions to overhaul the environment (cover,...) and flag layout on Kasserine Pass. I usually make it fun by bot-distribution among teams (45vs30 or sth like this). I can however take a look at bleed-conditions, vehicle respawn timers, FlaK 88 distribution and such.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 18-11-2018, 23:11:42 »
Flagbug is a memory related issue, so when loading Nordwind takes up a load of memory it might cause that bug. I guess deleting unique statics might help there a bit?