Author Topic: FH 2.48 Windows 8. (Worked for awhile, now crashes when i try and join Server)  (Read 275 times)

Offline Skillz

• View Profile
Hey guys, I've been playing this game as early as the 1942 stages. I have bf2 disk version. Installed it followed all the right directions and used the automatic fh2.48 install feature. The game was playable and worked online for a few days. Now whenever I click on a server to join I crash to desktop. I have tried running the program in multiple compatibility modes, as an administrator, etc.. and nothing seems to work. My computer is over qualified for this game so it is not the specs that is an issue. Like I said I have ran the game fine for a week and now it won't work. I have tried the repair button and it does its thing and nothing changes. Is anyone else having this problem on Windows 8? Thanks, Skillz

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
You literally did nothing that even remotely could have affected the game?

Reinstall of the whole thing is your friend, most often.

I had similar thing happening for me when I upgraded from 7 to 8, the game just crashed when trying to join a game but just reinstalled it on top of the old files and applied the patches solved the thing.
CMP Gaming

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
All works fine on 8.1 here.

Try Windowed mode first before reinstalling, it shoud give you an error message. When it does, post the text in here.

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
When I had it, it didn't.
CMP Gaming