Author Topic: Japanese Faction, now!!  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Albertico77

• View Profile
Japanese Faction, now!!
« on: 29-10-2014, 19:10:32 »
I would like to see japanese and Paccific confrontation in this mod because i think it´s incredible, it has changed the original game completely!

I would like to see an Iwo Jima assault, Pearl Harbour, Filipines, etc... and the japan weapons or their war machines and zero airplanes and more things too!!

I wish it comes early ;)

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
Re: Japanese Faction, now!!
« Reply #1 on: 29-10-2014, 19:10:47 »
Unfortunately the fh2 devs are focused on the other theatres specifically the Eastern Front at the moment.

;D

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-10-2014, 20:10:31 »
We all wish for that. Unfortunately wishing does not make models :(

Offline Albertico77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-10-2014, 23:10:39 »
We all wish for that. Unfortunately wishing does not make models :(

I know that it requires a lot of work and dedication, I´ll wait for that, and I like Russians too...but i want to do a "baanzaaai" charge haha   ;D

Offline ctbear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-10-2014, 04:10:08 »
Well, WAW group seems made a non official mod for it, it's good, but still in beta, you can try it

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-10-2014, 05:10:14 »
We have some Pacific battles coming up.  You should join the tournament and take part.  Join Up At http://bfewaw.com

Offline Albertico77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-10-2014, 09:10:12 »
Well, WAW group seems made a non official mod for it, it's good, but still in beta, you can try it

Yeah, i could try, but i don´t find it, where is it?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-10-2014, 14:10:58 »
Why always after every two months somebody opens new topic with name PACIFIC FRONT orJAPAN IN FH2??
It cant be made because of everything!!Search a little Forum before you make topic ;)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Albertico77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-10-2014, 15:10:35 »
Why always after every two months somebody opens new topic with name PACIFIC FRONT orJAPAN IN FH2??
It cant be made because of everything!!Search a little Forum before you make topic ;)

Sorry, i´m new in forum and i searched it and i didn´t find it  :-\

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-10-2014, 17:10:23 »
Sorry ok?  :-[ Dont get scary im also relative new but pacific is something that is 100 times discused.Welcome to FH2 forum and FH2!!!I just want to say that search before topic! ;)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-10-2014, 18:10:16 »

Yeah, i could try, but i don´t find it, where is it?

there will be more testing in the future  ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-10-2014, 18:10:22 »
Here's the thread:  http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19824.0
There are some other videos and screenshots around and on BFEWAW.com

Offline Albertico77

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-10-2014, 15:10:07 »
Here's the thread:  http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19824.0
There are some other videos and screenshots around and on BFEWAW.com

I tried it and WOW, amazing!! Although i was alone in these maps i think that textures and geometry is incredible! if i were developers i had done these maps with bot suport and public them, for me they are ok  :)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31-10-2014, 21:10:47 »
Yes, that would be pretty amazing, but someone with the skill and knowledge would have to create a navmesh and would need to do a lot of testing. Adding AI to a level in BF2 isn't as simple as it might appear.

Plus unfortunately most devs and many players have this mindset 'PvP and nothing else, I don't want or need bots'. For those of us not keen on getting sniped on the public servers every few steps, playing COOP with friends vs Bots is the only real option (plus you can always determine when and which map you want to play, set team ratios and stuff). Bot support is always the last that comes to a map, if it even does. It eventually did for all official maps, for some it works better, for some not so good (look at Bastogne Tank-pathing...), but don't count on it to be this way for any mod of the mod.
« Last Edit: 31-10-2014, 21:10:54 by Darman »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31-10-2014, 21:10:10 »
There are some problems with the WaW pacific stuff that precludes it from being in the official version:
- out of scale B1942 maps that are simply obsolete in terms of layout (wonder why they didn't port FH1 maps instead, but meh)
- Some of the models were bought on an internal site, FH2 traditionally makes (and owns) its content itself
- Still lots of placeholder stuff as well as historically inaccurate weapon loadouts etc

edit: also, I find it rich to say that devs don't care about sp, considering the marked improvements in that sector recently. That being said, most really don't care :D