Author Topic: Map suggestions  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
Map suggestions
« on: 22-09-2014, 22:09:07 »
I want to suggest a map because i really like that battle and i liked too in forgotten hope 1:
Omaha Beach Charlie Sector
I know there is omaha beach but i want the charlie sector, there are bunkers, less rocks, etc.
And i want this for coop too to player with my friends. thats why i suggested.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Map suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 22-09-2014, 22:09:31 »
Not sure it will happend...too buisy devs...
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-09-2014, 22:09:20 »
Ill tell you now the friendly way before the horde reaches the frontline.

No. That map will never be in FH2 unless as a custommap.

Why? Because it is not to the FH2 standard -at all- and there is allready a map made from a realistic and historical standpoint. Wich the fh1 map, is not.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-09-2014, 00:09:19 »
Exactly what sn00x said.  The FH2 map is actually a realistic portrayal of Omaha Beach, the junction between Charlie and Dog Green, and it's defenses.  The Charlie Sector shown in FH1, and the movie it was based off of, Saving Private Ryan, are both completely inaccurate and look nothing like the real sector, both in terrain and in bunker construction and placement.  The current FH2 map meanwhile, is a highly accurate portrayal in both cases.
« Last Edit: 23-09-2014, 00:09:18 by VonMudra »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-09-2014, 00:09:27 »
Actually, doesnt the map we have now portray charlie sector? Or rather, the junction between Charlie and Dog Green.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-09-2014, 00:09:10 »
That it does actually:

Of all five landing beaches on D-Day, "Omaha Beach" was without a doubt the bloodiest of the day. The assault troops of the 29th Infantry Division and 2nd Ranger Battalion landing in Dog Green and Charlie sectors had the difficult task of securing the beachhead and clearing the road leading inland at Vierville-sur-Mer. The draw off the beach was heavily defended by the German Wehrmacht's 352nd Infantry Division, at 15 strongpoints also known as 'Widerstandsnester' (Resistance Nests). Each strongpoint was armed with machine guns, mortars and anti-tank guns interconnected by trenches and tunnels. These defences created a murderous cross-fire for any would-be attackers moving inland.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-09-2014, 00:09:10 »
So I remembered that right. So there you go, suggestion fulfilled.

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-09-2014, 02:09:40 »
I doesnt care if its historically acurate but i really love that map because i played that in fh1 with my friends and i liked that scene of saving private ryan, and i liked too medal of honor allied assault mission of omaha beach.
So... that map will be created in a future update? With bunkers and that terrain of the scene?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-09-2014, 02:09:03 »
Nope.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-09-2014, 02:09:17 »
I doesnt care if its historically acurate but i really love that map because i played that in fh1 with my friends and i liked that scene of saving private ryan, and i liked too medal of honor allied assault mission of omaha beach.
So... that map will be created in a future update? With bunkers and that terrain of the scene?

If you really want a map that has no historical bearing or merit to it's design, you'll have to make it yourself.  FH2 maintains a high level of historical accuracy, and that's not changing.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-09-2014, 13:09:24 »

If you really want a map that has no historical bearing or merit to it's design, you'll have to make it yourself.  FH2 maintains a high level of historical accuracy, and that's not changing.

Like Meuse River or Op. Totalize map?  ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-09-2014, 13:09:10 »
^ You forgot Ramelle.

And Aberdeen, which we will probably never see again. :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-09-2014, 15:09:13 »

Same here, really. :)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-09-2014, 18:09:28 »
But I think I was able to play once already ported version of FH1 Omaha. Im not sure, but I think sb already done it!

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-09-2014, 18:09:06 »
But I think I was able to play once already ported version of FH1 Omaha. Im not sure, but I think sb already done it!

Then knock yourself out playing that.