Author Topic: When attempting to run BF2, the game crashes to desktop  (Read 334 times)

Offline WhiteStarSpoon

• View Profile
I was attempting to run regular BF2 (I purchased a retail pack with spec ops, armored fury and euro forces included on the one DVD release.) When I was attempting to run it from the start menu short cut, I was asked to insert the install disk, so I put the DVD, tried to run it again but I was again prompted for the install disk.
I then ran the autorun from the DVD, and BF2 tries to start up, I get a few flickering black screens and then the program closes and I'm back at desktop.
FH2 runs perfectly with no issues, but BF2 when I try to run crashes to desktop without any error messages

thank you for your time.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: When attempting to run BF2, the game crashes to desktop
« Reply #1 on: 14-09-2014, 14:09:20 »
Make sure that you have the pathes installed. So the order of installation should be: BF2+addons, then patch 1.41 and after that patch 1.5. After that you can easily install FH2.48

Patch 1.5 has a no dvd function integrated so if it asks for your DVD something clearly went wrong or you haven't installed those patches. I hope this helps. If not ask further questions.  ;)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: When attempting to run BF2, the game crashes to desktop
« Reply #2 on: 16-09-2014, 14:09:18 »
FH2 runs perfectly for WhiteStarSpoon, so I guess that his BF2 copy is already patched to 1.5. Maybe, the crashes are a result of Gamespy and CD key verification service shutdown. Try to install revivebf2 client files or any other workaround for the Gamespy issue?