Author Topic: Singleplayer Enhancement?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
Singleplayer Enhancement?
« on: 12-09-2014, 04:09:07 »
Im a great fan of singleplayer and coop.
Is there any patch that enhances the singleplayer? I heard of patch c but the links are broken.
The bots ignore my orders, when i said then "Follow me" they dont follow me "requesting pick up" they dont stop for me to get in the vehicle and more  :'(.

Offline TGK

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Enhancement?
« Reply #1 on: 12-09-2014, 05:09:24 »
Getting into the map files and extending the view distance and draw distance can make your game much more enjoyable, though of course it's considered cheating when playing multiplayer.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-09-2014, 11:09:07 »
Getting into the map files and extending the view distance and draw distance can make your game much more enjoyable, though of course it's considered cheating when playing multiplayer.
Can you stop already? You mention increasing draw distance in almost every of your posts, and here it has nothing to do with the topic. About singleplayer, I afraid that old patches are already included in the official build but bots are just being extremely dumb. I think Gavrant will have something more to say about this, as he is the developer who worked on singlepayer fixes.

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-09-2014, 00:09:01 »
Can you stop already? You mention increasing draw distance in almost every of your posts, and here it has nothing to do with the topic. About singleplayer, I afraid that old patches are already included in the official build but bots are just being extremely dumb. I think Gavrant will have something more to say about this, as he is the developer who worked on singlepayer fixes.
And now is he working in a new patch for singleplayer?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-09-2014, 00:09:24 »
AFAIK singleplayer is not the biggest priority of current development.

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-09-2014, 03:09:43 »
AFAIK singleplayer is not the biggest priority of current development.
bad to hear that, i like to play coop with my friend  :'(

Offline TGK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-09-2014, 14:09:36 »
Can you stop already? You mention increasing draw distance in almost every of your posts, and here it has nothing to do with the topic.

OP wants his singleplayer experience to be enhanced. Extending vision so he can see further, engage enemies from further and generally make the game look nicer is a positive enhancement in my books. And it's a drum I'll beat any time I feel it's relevant - the default vision and fog distances detract from the game and make it look like a game from the year 2001. Even cheap laptops bought 4 years ago would be able to run the game with better vision just fine, so it's not like it's for performance reasons.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-09-2014, 14:09:02 »
i guess it just takes some more patience for the singleplayer but i can understand they want to finish the mp first but im keeping track of fh2 now for a while and they dont just abandon singleplayer it just takes a bit longer for new maps with bots  to release and stuff =-p (as far as i know there once was a update for the bots to listen some  bots did but not everyone and it causes lots of more bugs as i can remember correct me if im wrong)what i most like to do in fh2 is coop or lan party with much friends its verry funny against the bots! =-p

Offline Sgt.Javier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-09-2014, 19:09:02 »
what i most like to do in fh2 is coop or lan party with much friends its verry funny against the bots! =-p

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-09-2014, 21:09:44 »
That is always with bot in game ,sometimes bots listen to me for sq oders but command rose never.For now you xant change it :'(
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 19-09-2014, 23:09:30 »
Remember that AI performance depends on available CPU. If BF becomes overloaded (lack of CPU) then the FIRST thing to be scaled down is the AI. I learnt this originally from a document by DICE, an interview or something, I can dig it out if anyone is interested. So you need a CPU that has high performance per core (BF does not do multicore very well). Or run a Coop server on one core and the client on another CPU core (affinity), or even on a completely separate machine and connect over the network ... as that puts all the AI stuff on another CPU core as all the AI stuff runs on the server ... then those little Terminator bot brains can get all the CPU they need  :o