Author Topic: Change username ingame?  (Read 683 times)

Offline krautkiller

• View Profile
Change username ingame?
« on: 12-08-2014, 22:08:49 »
First things first
Im new to the forum, played the mods for around 4 months now. Playing it almost daily!
You did a great job with this mods truly amazing!

I have changed my Origin ID name but ingame (Forgotten hope 2) I see no change in the name. When I launch de game delete my ingame account and research for my account I see my older username on my e-mailadres and can't get any effect to change this ingame. When i try to start a other game I see the difference so i think is has to do so about of bf2 or fH2.

My oldername is killerrr1988 and new is Krau-tkiller..
Both ID are on same e-mailadres it just changes my username.

Ingame I only can get the killer1988. How do i change it so it get any effect ingame??????
I really won't to play with my new name as Krau-tkiller...

Hope you can help me
Greetings
Ernest A

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Change username ingame?
« Reply #1 on: 12-08-2014, 22:08:48 »
I play this mod for 1 year(DAILY,saw you ingame) but never saw this problem.Wait few days for answer

I hope you love this game
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-08-2014, 13:08:06 »
The BF2 ingame name has nothing to do with Origin ID.

I think you should be able to change your FH2 name if you start the FH2Launcher, go to settings, user tab and select "none" as user account. If you then start the game, there should be a screen where you can create a new account/username.

So you can still play BF2 via Origin ? Last time I checked you could not buy BF2 anymore via Origin because of the Gamespy server shutdown.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline krautkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-08-2014, 14:08:22 »
I always logged in with my EA origin account, couldn't change my name, but I made a new account on a other adres and it worked. Still it is kinda stranges.  I made a new account ingame with a name krautkiller. And i couldnt get in? But i can't make a new account with my own e-mailadres..

Well kinda stranges I will play fh2 in the future on a different name then with the unkown unverified new account. With the name i want...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-08-2014, 16:08:38 »
Afaik you can make an unlimited number of accounts, because you can put in fake email adresses. So if you want a new name, or change a letter, just create a new account with a fake address and log in.