Author Topic: Bots too good with Flakpanzer  (Read 1182 times)

DRM

Bots too good with Flakpanzer
« on: 10-08-2014, 00:08:08 »
I usually play Operation Totalize in SP as a Canadian and use the planes, but while flying I am nearly always brought down by the German Flakpanzer. I try to "dodge" the projectiles but to no avail. Is there a way to prevent them from using this tank, or some solution to this issue? I have already set "Bot skill" to "0 %" in the Options section of the launcher, yet it continues to happen.

Thank you for your attention

Offline JG400

• View Profile
Re: Bots too good with Flakpanzer
« Reply #1 on: 10-08-2014, 06:08:57 »
I'm sorry but I have to weigh in here.  I understand your pain but I am quite happy with the flakpanzer as the bots never used them effectively until now.  Before this update they mostly used them against infantry and rarely against aircraft.  I think that a happy medium could be reached to accommodate everyone.  The Typhoons were murderous on armor before the bots used the flakpanzer.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-08-2014, 20:08:01 »
« Last Edit: 02-03-2019, 08:03:51 by nysä »

DRM

« Reply #3 on: 10-08-2014, 22:08:54 »
Hehe I see that I kinda hurt the pro-realistic crowd with this... I just want to enjoy the map, the visuals, the kind of stuff you can't enjoy while sweating to survive in MP. That's why I asked... Probably BF1942 nostalgia.

By the way, a "God" cheat for SP would be great IMHO.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-08-2014, 22:08:56 »
JG400 and nysä are not the pro-realistic crowd in this case, they just  glad to see AA guns stopped being harmless puppies :)

Anyway, for the next patch I'll make the Wirbelwind, AA Crusader and M51 slightly less accurate.

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-08-2014, 23:08:45 »
Thank you, gavrant.  While I do appreciate realism in the mods I play I do like to just have fun like anyone else.  I was very impressed with the bots as one of them took the Whirlblewind on the hill where the flak battery is located and provided AA support for it.  I was stunned since that is normally a human player move.  I have done it myself.  I can understand a slight decrease in accuracy but please don't neuter the use of the AA armor on any side.  In the aforementioned round, the Typhoon was still wreaking havoc with armor and 88 emplacements but was mitigated a bit by said 88's and Whirblewind.  I do play the German side mostly on the map but I do enjoy the Canadian side as well.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I could swear that I saw more dogfighting in this update than previously seen.  I do like that as it shows that the bot pilots aren't solely focused on what's happening on the ground.  As I said before, I thought that a happy medium can be achieved for everyone and a slight reduction in accuracy should do it.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2014, 23:08:46 by JG400 »

DRM

« Reply #6 on: 11-08-2014, 00:08:13 »
Thanks for your reply gavrant, much appreciated.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-08-2014, 17:08:26 »
« Last Edit: 02-03-2019, 08:03:21 by nysä »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-08-2014, 02:08:44 »
May I also suggest increasing the flackvierling spawn just a bit. Totalize has quite a bit of those at the German side, nevermind the 88s and the flakpanzer, and when I manage to destroy all of the AAs raping the forward Gerrman bases we cap, they start spawning again.

I don't know their spawn time, but it feels really short