Author Topic: One Yugoslav/NDH map in Eastern front  (Read 5278 times)

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
Re: One Yugoslav/NDH map in Eastern front
« Reply #15 on: 26-08-2014, 17:08:40 »
it would be somewhat difficult to do the voiceovers properly since much of the military vocabulary changed since then. And no, the NDH troops didn't use german as their command-language, only the Wehrmacht legionnaires did so (think 369th reinforced infantry regiment, 369th, 373rd and the 392nd infantry divisions).

Also, the Croats would need new weapons. The NDH only used leftovers from the Yugoslav army and what it bought or got from both Germany and Italy. So the kits would have to include Manlichers, M24s, maybe vz.24s and then a lot of Bredas and so on.
You can forget about the MG34/42, MP40, G43 and anything else, unless you plan to include German troops directly.

Furthermore, I'm having trouble finding more info on the battle. The orders of battle would be crucial here.

if you will, here are the ranks of the croatian army
http://www.joomla.axishistory.com/axis-nations/croatia/156-croatia-army/croatia-army-unsorted/8598-ranks-of-the-croatian-army

Anyway, another problem are the uniforms. In 1944, the Ustashas and the Domobranstvo (Home guard) units merged into the Croatian Armed Forces (Hrvatske Oružane Snage). So there would be a mix of styles and other problems in creating a universal skin. I mean, you'd probably still have some black or ocher (Ocker) coloured Ustasha uniforms and some would still have their Home guard loadouts.

That being said, give us some more solid information on the battle and we can talk.

edit2:

Found info on the activities of the 3rd HOS division in 1944-1945

http://www.joomla.axishistory.com/axis-nations/croatia/380-croatia-army/croatia-army-units/8273-3-croatian-infantry-division

"Operational History

Dec 44: on formation, the Division was made responsible for the territory between the Sava and the Danube in the general vicinity of Županja, Vinkovci and Osijek. It was tactically under German XXXIV. Armeekorps.
Dec 44 – Apr 45: the Division said to have suffered heavy losses in the fighting in Syrmia and eastern Slavonia, but no specifics have been found. In fact, it is believed that this division experienced little combat until early April.
"

I searched its order of battle and found these units

Order of battle (Dec 1944)

Div. HQ in Vinkovci
II Ustasha Brigade (4 battalions)
XIII Ustasha Brigade (5 battalions)
8th Jäger Brigade (5th Jäger Rgt. with I – III Bn. and 8th Jäger Rgt. with I – II Bn.)
VII Artillery Gp. snd XVIII Artillery Gp.

Of those, only the 8th Jäger Brigade had some information about it
http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nations/croatia/army/380-croatia-army/croatia-army-units/8339-8-jaeger-brigade-croatia
"Formed on or about 1 December 1944 in Mikanovci near Vinkovci from the remnants of the disbanded 3d Jäger Brigade. (1)

Operational History

(see 3d Croatian Infantry Division for further information)
1 Dec 44: assigned to the 3d Croatian Infantry Division.
Dec 44: Brigade deployed in the Vinkovci – Djakovo area until mid-April 1945.
17 Dec 44: Brigade engaged elements of the 12th NOU Division north of Djakovo claiming 51 Partisans killed and 10 captured, while losing 16 killed, 15 wounded, 52 missing and 15 captured.
"
« Last Edit: 26-08-2014, 18:08:35 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-09-2014, 17:09:57 »
OK
For the voice i dont know.Im new in this and never was doing or see video about doing voice.What i know is ,yes that for Croatian forces you need croatian voice. :(

Guns MG 34,MP 41,Zbrojovka WERE used in NDH Army.I know it because i found a lot of pictures and documents in my books about WW2 in Yugoslavia/NDH
Here some:
MG 34

This is big watch because of other side is also

I think Cechs Zbrojovka(Zbrojovka was in big number in NDH Army)

MP 41(Very popular like officers kit in Ustaha unit,was bought in Austria)

About 3.HOS division(very hard to find anything because it was 1944/45)
"Croatian third division was located in Vinkovcima.It was created in December 1944 from 8 hunting(on german Jager-Brigade) Corps (formerly the 3rd hunting Brigade from Vinkovci, composition of 5th and 8th hunting Regiment, the first involved with three, the other with two battalions) II. Ustasha Corps (famous old Brigade, commanded by Colonel Ustasha Stir, then had four battalions), XIII. Ustasha Corps (later Brigade of four battalions of which two were stationary battalion called "Ðakovo" and "Zupanja"), VII. artillery assembly (formerly part of the 3rd hunting Corps) and one batteries II. Ustasha Corps.Division had a total of eight Ustasha Battalion and five hunting battalion and had 7500 men at beginnning .Division was commanded by General Stephen Mifek.It was one of the more powerful and better-equipped divisions, which, immediately after its establishment, took part in the defense of Srmium front .Parts of divisions were located spaced from Osijek to Sava River near Lipovca.That part on the first line of defense, between Lipovca and Save, was a major part of division.Part of division was set to a different defensive line, part in city Osijek and division headquarters in Vinkovcima.When 12 April 1945 front was broken, with part of which was held by 41 Germany "fortress" Division (units of mixed composition with German personnel of older vintages, and partly with exotic formations, composed of members of the Caucasian peoples, the Arabs and Hindus) had to withdraw and third Croatian division.In several occasions had provided resistance to the advancing Yugoslav communist forces, but the most famous is then when ten days, between 16 and 26 April 1945, held a Veliku kopaonicu , this allowing the withdrawal of axial forces from Bosne. The historians on several occasions mentioned bravely holding members of the Division, particularly the battle in which Colonel Styra near Valpova "fight and broke one Russian strong regiment" .Then division retreat westward and 26th April set in part Zvonimirova defense line, between Ban's ravines and Novske.After few days continue to retreat to Zagreb.Meanwhile partisans went to Zagreb, so part of the division remained isolated in the woods near the village Nartski Novaki, south of Long Sela.Domobran part of the officer corps decided to surrender, and the Ustasha did not want to give up, so Colonel Styra managed to get to Austria."

About uniforms i taught that officiers can be with black/dark green Ustaha uniforms and one/two different tip of Domobran(home guard) uniforms.

OFFICIERS KIT
Uniform from Ustaha units

Kit:One is MP 41.other is Kar98(kar98 was limited delivered to Ustaha units 1941)
     Knife,Bandage,Binoculars,Smoke,Luger or Walther P-38 9 mm

RIFLEMAN
Uniform(Only with helmet Italian)

KIt:Mauzer 7.9mm(M.24 Yugoslavian version) or Mannlicher M1895
     Bandage,Knife

RIFLEMAN 2(like tunis map)
   Same only with 2 Granates

MASHINEGUNNER
Uniform

Kit:Zbrojovka M.26 7.9mm (and pick up kit on map MG 34 two or three of them)
     Bandage,knife,maybe VTZ 1933 7.65 mm

THAT FIRST KIT(SPAHER)-LIMITED
Uniform like rifleman
Kit:Kar98
    maybe VTZ 1933 7,65mm,Bandage,Knife,Binoculars,Mines

I dont know anything else  ;)Big pictures,didnt found smaller
« Last Edit: 01-09-2014, 17:09:50 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-09-2014, 00:09:49 »
 There has never been a PC Game that had a Yugoslav Army from ww2.

Unless you do all the voices, even then it is not practicable.

Too much work.

But if you were to get started now, perhaps in 3 years....

:D

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-09-2014, 13:09:55 »
Fine to me.I just wanted to talk about it and to make some suggestion  ;)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-09-2014, 15:09:14 »
There has never been a PC Game that had a Yugoslav Army from ww2.

Unless you do all the voices, even then it is not practicable.

Too much work.

But if you were to get started now, perhaps in 3 years....

:D

I think there has been a mod for ArmA II featuring the Yugoslavian army, but I am not sure whether it got released or not.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-09-2014, 22:09:45 »
I belive Codename panzers II had yugo partisans

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-09-2014, 23:09:08 »

Rush For Berlin had a mission set in Belgrade. Here's the intro cutscene showing a KT getting stuck in the rubble. For those who understand Serbian, the dialogue is pretty hilarious too.

http://www.firstpost.com/topic/place/belgrade-rush-for-berlin-soviet-cutscene-5-1-video-GxEvvEErw1g-4526-13.html
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-09-2014, 14:09:43 »
If anybody know some game related to Yugoslav WW2 or Late Yugoslav wars 1991 please write

P.S. I will continue play FH2 ;D

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-09-2014, 17:09:46 »

Rush For Berlin had a mission set in Belgrade. Here's the intro cutscene showing a KT getting stuck in the rubble. For those who understand Serbian, the dialogue is pretty hilarious too.

http://www.firstpost.com/topic/place/belgrade-rush-for-berlin-soviet-cutscene-5-1-video-GxEvvEErw1g-4526-13.html

I've been looking online for ages to find that cutscene!
Man that mission was hilarious, also RfB is a pretty epic game (Maus ftw)

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer