Author Topic: Pacific Theater beta test This Saturday, August 9th !!!  (Read 11718 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Theater beta test This Saturday, August 9th !!!
« Reply #60 on: 10-08-2014, 03:08:33 »
Haha Slayer, when I drove this tank my thoughts were: why is this 88 doing here and why... you were killed by Slayer.

On the minimod: it has great potential but still many bugs to iron out. I'd like to see those maps under FH2 devs/betas supervision and hopefully this could be released with the mod.

Bugs from the top of my head:

- wake crashes, looks like material or vehicle bug
- japanese player models (or more precise - reskins) are too look alike to the marines - confusion and tk galore
- guam could have too much overgrowth or is not optimized as I had noticeable performance drops especially after aiming
- repair thing as Slayer mentioned, very annoying and confusing
- japanese landing boat of doom
- japanese bomber (multi-seat one) doesn't have any weapon/ammo interface

and plenty little things, from aesthetics to balancing.

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 10-08-2014, 03:08:52 »
Thanks for participating and we hope you all had fun.
Here are some screenshots of random players during the test.

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/x0utlawx/slideshow/WaW%20Pacific%20Theatre%20Beta%20Test%201

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 10-08-2014, 06:08:01 »
First of all, great job guys :) porting over all of this content and remaking the maps is no small task. I've only gotten the chance to look at these maps and assets on a local server briefly. I'm very impressed with what you guys have come up with tho.

Of course there are some visual bugs and 'low quality' models and textures, but for the most part this was all done very well. Iwo Jima had a nice feel to it. (Even tho i couldn't get an American tank off the volcanic sand :P) So did wake and Guadalcanal.

I'm curious to see what you guys have in store for this beta, if you plan on releasing it as a mini mod or submitting it to the devs or whatever. I'm also wondering how these maps played out on public servers? There's nothing like the combined arms aspect of Battlefield, and I wanna know how these bf42 maps translated :) please keep us 'busy with rl ppl' updated.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
Please make the WaW Pacific theatre official
« Reply #63 on: 10-08-2014, 10:08:19 »
Please find a way to cooperate with the WaW team to make this happen. If eastern front and pacific theatre will be implemented in the game, FH2 really becomes a WORLD War II game.
There are only some bugfixes and tweaks neeeded, for example voiceovers for all japanese orders.
But in general these maps would fit incredebile good into FH2!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 10-08-2014, 11:08:20 »
I am very impressed aswell. Rising Storm doesn't stand a chance against this and that says something. I played Wake Island, Iwo Jima and Guadacanal. And they really felt like I would imagine the Pacific Front in FH2. Most awesome map from my POV is Wake Island. There is simply nothing on this map that breakes the immersion of being in the Pacific. The smaller bugs like damage values and armor of planes and ships can be tweaked and don't hold back this experience.

With a few tweaks here and there Wake Island could easily end up on one level with the official stuff, from the visual side and the gameplay. It just plays like Battlefield.

Some suggestions though, that I allready brought up on TS but will write them here anyway:

I would try to let people spawn in the ship positions and deny the chance to exit the vehicles. This way you avoid people sliding over them. Only exception would be the aircraft carriers wich should be static as in vBF2.

Guadalcnal screems for being either a nightmap or a map with heavy rain. Or better: a nightmap with heavy rain.

A historical detail that you could achieve are the uniforms of Marines on wake Island. They look quite similar to the british uniforms, or atleast the helmet. Maybe you can add this somehow:

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10-08-2014, 12:08:54 »
I noticed a problem with the shermans spawning on the beachhead. It was impossible to climb even the smallest hill with them. You couldn't get out from the beachhead.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10-08-2014, 12:08:35 »
I noticed a problem with the shermans spawning on the beachhead. It was impossible to climb even the smallest hill with them. You couldn't get out from the beachhead.
On Iwo Jima, right? I saw a Sherman slide over the beach like it was in quicksand. There must be something wrong with the ground material there.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10-08-2014, 13:08:16 »
Oh, forgot to mention the map. Yes, Iwo Jima.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10-08-2014, 14:08:02 »
@5hitm4k3r

I think there was a guy who made pacific theatre US soldier textures. Dont know where he is tho.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10-08-2014, 14:08:32 »
Hi guys!
First post since ages!
I really appreciate the time put into this, and the result shows me and I think us that it was worth it.

First of all the pro:
+ Childhood memories came back when playing the maps - i still know the layout :D
+ Mapdesign and improvements - niceley down, not too much. Maps run good on me - no fps drop

+/- Zoom on Typ 100 Mg is too big
+/- little Jap tank zoom is too much, or strange in a different way I cant explain
+/- Green vs Green uniforms - Japs should be more unique.
+/- Japan hands are too whitish - need more jellow :D
+/- Submarine vs Prince of Wales - Sub killed with 2 (?) torpedos
+/- Too many US Planes on Midway

- Iwo Jima Beach Sand stops tanks (mentioned before)
- Iwo Jima a little too dark, fels cold eventough its a pacific island
- Guadalcanal : Inside buildings its almost pitch black - need better lightmap.

I hope this will be played in future. The event was really good with lots of players- I would suggest to run just one server, when the player numbers are dropping to unite all players in one server so we dont have 2x 25 Players each.

Thanks ! and see you 1

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10-08-2014, 15:08:35 »
I thought it looked pretty damn good, most of the stuff was acceptable or great quality, I think only the Ho-Ha and the carriers were noticably low quality.

Bugs:

*Type 99 Turtle mine is not sticky/magnetic as it should?
*missing sounds for japanese roger that/negative
*destroyers basicly invincible? survives many torpedos and destroyer shots
*Ha-Go back mg movement isnt smooth
*Type 99 lmg ironsight: the magazine blocks too much of the view
*Way too many Type 100 smgs, should be officers only.
*Lighting too bright on Wake
*Lighting too dark and greenish on Iwo Jima
*destroyed type 88 75mm gun lacks collision mesh
*SBD Dauntless rear gunner view shows only one rudder
*No japanese smoke grenades?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10-08-2014, 15:08:51 »
*Way too many Type 100 smgs, should be officers only.

Actually, they probably should not be there at all, since they were only used by paratroopers.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10-08-2014, 16:08:44 »
Another problem:
You can't enter a submarine from outside.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2014, 17:08:28 by CB-Corrado »

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-08-2014, 18:08:36 »

Guadalcnal screems for being either a nightmap or a map with heavy rain. Or better: a nightmap with heavy rain.

already in the plans ;)

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 11-08-2014, 02:08:44 »
Some issues i found while playing:

- When you are sitting in one of the gunner positions of the japanese troop transport vehicle HA HO and look to the rear, the whole back end of the vehicle is invisible
- You can't enter ships or submarines, when you are swimming in the water around it
- You always die, trying to bail out of a moving vessel
- When you are swimming next to the hull of the HMS PRINC OF WALES, you can look through it
- On some maps the japanese flag looks like the present day flag with the red disc in the middle, on Midway it looks like in WWII with the additional red rays
- The YAMATO and PRINCE OF WALES aren't historical correct on Midway, espacially the PRINCE OF WALES, because it's even no US-Ship
- On some ships shooting animations or/and sounds of several guns/weapons are missing