Author Topic: antivirus removed FH2.exe Help!  (Read 343 times)

Offline Jackoclown

• View Profile
antivirus removed FH2.exe Help!
« on: 05-08-2014, 17:08:27 »
Hey all,
Just when i got excited and about to launch FH2 after a year break, my antivirus removed FH2.exe saying it was "unsafe" TT

Is it possible i can get the FH2.exe from someone? I have made my EA games folder an exception for scans to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

I was able to launch vanilla then switch to FH2 but it wont work anymore :(
Thank!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: antivirus removed FH2.exe Help!
« Reply #1 on: 05-08-2014, 17:08:39 »
Hi!
"a year break"? A lot of things changed since then. You should start with installing the new FH2 launcher: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/download/FH2Launcher-Setup.exe , it will update your FH2 copy to the latest version (a few gigabytes download, but it's worth it, no matter if you're going to play singleplayer or multiplayer).

Offline Jackoclown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-08-2014, 03:08:30 »
Oops i should have been more specific, I have done that, and when the update was done, Norton removed the .exe just as i launched it :(
seems like i either re-download FH2, or try to find the .exe

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-08-2014, 11:08:27 »
If your lanucher works just use the repair function to fix your build, if it doesn't work, download launcher only (check link in Gavrant's post) and repair.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-08-2014, 11:08:35 »
To add to what Jan said above, if you're missing the file with the exact name "FH2.exe" (for example, if you have a desktop shortcut pointing to it), it's not Norton's fault. FH2.exe is obsolete since FH 2.46 and was replaced with the FH launcher, look for the "Forgotten Hope 2" shortcut on your desktop.