Author Topic: Bring back the stamina bar ?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back the stamina bar ?
« Reply #45 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:58 »
I would die a lot more if I weren't able to hide cover quickly because my "magic" sprint bar ends after 5 seconds of run....
if you can't wait 5 seconds in cover for your "magic" sprint bar to refil, then it's your problem. Even trained fit soldiers of WWII had to take a breath from time to time (not to mention that some of them weren't well trained at all)

You probably missed 1st episode of BoB series...  ::)
Wow, you went full retard. I hope you don't expect people to take you serious if you have such arguments. Btw:

Yeah, because trained fit soldiers couldnt run anymore after 10 seconds in reality...  ::)
So you could run 5 or 10 seconds with that sprint bar? I'm confused now  ???

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:48 »
I would die a lot more if I weren't able to hide cover quickly because my "magic" sprint bar ends after 5 seconds of run....
if you can't wait 5 seconds in cover for your "magic" sprint bar to refil, then it's your problem. Even trained fit soldiers of WWII had to take a breath from time to time (not to mention that some of them weren't well trained at all)

You probably missed 1st episode of BoB series...  ::)
Wow, you went full retard. I hope you don't expect people to take you serious if you have such arguments. Btw:

Yeah, because trained fit soldiers couldnt run anymore after 10 seconds in reality...  ::)
So you could run 5 or 10 seconds with that sprint bar? I'm confused now  ???

Doesn't matter if its 5 or 10 seconds - it's unrealistic.... In reality equipped soldiers can run for at least 5 km....

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:32 »
Then good luck SPRINTING five km with full backpack and weapon. I don't know whether you are aware of that we are talking sprinting here. Normal movement in FH2 is what I would consider running or jogging.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:18 »
Then good luck SPRINTING five km with full backpack and weapon. I don't know whether you are aware of that we are talking sprinting here. Normal movement in FH2 is what I would consider running or jogging.

For me normal movement is walk and your "sprint" is simple running...  ::)

So in your opinion, at this point everybody run in game like they are chasing with Usain Bolt?  ;D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:42 »
As I said before, in FH2 sprinting is NOT sprinting. BF2 speed is sprinting. FH2 "sprint" is the standard running speed, if you don't press the button, you walk with your weapon at the ready.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01-08-2014, 00:08:20 »
It is like this since stamina bar removal, because so called "sprint" speed was also decreased at the same time.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01-08-2014, 08:08:02 »

For me normal movement is walk and your "sprint" is simple running...  ::)

So in your opinion, at this point everybody run in game like they are chasing with Usain Bolt?  ;D

yeah, but only in the North Africa maps....

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03-08-2014, 21:08:06 »
Yeah but think if you are soldier(you are trained or not) and you are in danger you can run hole battle to save your life
« Last Edit: 03-08-2014, 21:08:21 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03-08-2014, 22:08:15 »
« Last Edit: 02-03-2019, 08:03:58 by nysä »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03-08-2014, 23:08:28 »
I'd like to see a stamina bar for AFVs  8)

You mean like fuel? That wouldn't really work, considering the scale of the maps.

EDIT: I guess it could be a perk for Crusaders and Cromwells (the famous removing of speed governors to make the tanks go faster that was also a maintenance nightmare).

Ideally I'd like to have the stamina bar only when you have the bayonet equipped. That would also give you a running speed boost (zomg CS anyone?). But I guess it would require some serious python hackery to pull off, if possible at all...
« Last Edit: 04-08-2014, 00:08:59 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04-08-2014, 00:08:38 »
I'd like to see the stamina bar back, not for any hopping-related reasons, nor for thinking that a soldier could not jog a kilometre, but because the risk-reward mechanic was a nice addition to the game nevertheless and was another tactical dimension to consider. "Do I have stamina to sprint to that crater or should I stay in my foxhole a few more seconds?"

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04-08-2014, 06:08:28 »
My two cents(for what they are worth), the problems related to stamina, bunny hopping, CQB, etc. piss me off more during tournament play than public.  Maybe concerned people in this thread should try to put some fixes in a tournament minimod and then make suggestions about the mod after it's been tested and worked out.

Personally, I would be interested in seeing BF2 sprint speed tied to stamina.  The current FH2 speed may seem too fast for long marches but it's too slow for dashing from cover to cover.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04-08-2014, 18:08:27 »
I'd like to see the stamina bar back, not for any hopping-related reasons, nor for thinking that a soldier could not jog a kilometre, but because the risk-reward mechanic was a nice addition to the game nevertheless and was another tactical dimension to consider. "Do I have stamina to sprint to that crater or should I stay in my foxhole a few more seconds?"

And this has nothing with real life experience... Or maybe I dont know about stamina bar which is somewhere on my body?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04-08-2014, 21:08:08 »

And this has nothing with real life experience... Or maybe I dont know about stamina bar which is somewhere on my body?
Where did I mention real life experience? I stated the exact opposite and wanted it back precisely because it would add another "gamey" element to the game.

If you insist, in real life there is no status bar but you do get tired after running farther and/or faster than your condition allows. If you start the Cooper Test too fast, you might find out that your "stamina bar" runs out midway :P Of course, WW2 soldiers would not tire after 50 metres (unless they had just marched 50km to reach the battlefield or something), but there you go.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-08-2014, 09:08:09 »
Remove jogging, introduce sprinting back! Therefore, bring stamina bar back. It is frustrating jogging through miles of open area with bullets cracking around.

Bunny hopping is overrated. They can only exist in early HL:CS, that is the real bunny hopping. What we have here is just jumping-crazed players, which as pointed out by others: kill immersion.