Author Topic: can't play Forgotten hope online because can't create an online account anymore  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Cpt_hooper_a

• View Profile
I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem. Now that Game Spy has ended its services >:( you can no longer make or recover an on line account for bf2 and without that you can't play fh2 online. I have already tryed BF2 Battlelog but this doesn't get me an account that I can play on the normal fh2 servers :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. PLEASE help I love this game :-*.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Hi, when you download the FH2 Launcher and use it to start up the game, you can simply make an account there. You can use your old nickname or make up a new one.

Try this, post questions here if you have more. Good luck! :)

Offline Cpt_hooper_a

• View Profile
Well this got me an account :) but when I try to log in with it the game shuts down :'(. It starts and runs perfect with single player account. Got any suggestions for me.
« Last Edit: 24-07-2014, 20:07:08 by Cpt_hooper_a »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Try running in windowed mode and see if you get an error message.

Offline Cpt_hooper_a

• View Profile
I tried running it in windowed mode and I got one that said "The request is invalid due to an invalid Gamespy URL." this is probably because Gamespy has ended its services :'(. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem :(.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Fh2 uses it's own (together with PR) 'gamespy' like system now, so it works fine even though gamespy shut down.

You mentioned that you installed Battlelog. This might prevent fh2 from working correctly. Check this thread:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19798.0

Do you have any Battlefield/gamespy etc related occurances in your hosts file? (located in windows/system32/drivers/etc/)

Offline Miamiheat87

• View Profile
How do you create an account? Through the normal in-game account manager after you launch with the launcher? I don't see an account create option on the launcher. I can't make or retrieve an account and I am stuck with the defaultPlayer account.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
You have to use the in-game menu account creator. So load up with default player, click change account and then you can create a new one or retrieve an existing one. Though, you should be aware that there is no way to retrieve your password, as the gamespy servers are gone. So note down your password.