Author Topic: Naval vessels  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Re: Naval vessels
« Reply #30 on: 18-07-2014, 20:07:33 »
 The future of Fh2 will be in the Pacific & allowing the FH2 tournament devs from (FH & WAW) to lend a hand with content & development.

;)

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19-07-2014, 01:07:24 »
The future of Fh2 will be in the Pacific & allowing the FH2 tournament devs from (FH & WAW) to lend a hand with content & development.

;)

not sure why it has taken this long....    did they just not apply for fh2 dev-ship?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19-07-2014, 01:07:36 »
I don't know what any of you are talking about  ??? there has not been any application or content offer from WaW.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19-07-2014, 02:07:39 »
I don't know what any of you are talking about  ??? there has not been any application or content offer from WaW.

Nice try buddy.  Go back to disinformation school.  No one here is that dumb.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19-07-2014, 02:07:48 »
let me go find some popcorn.....   ;D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19-07-2014, 04:07:29 »
 Now lets not bash Ts4EVER over the head as he has both hands (of very few) firmly holding the FH2 banner in the air.

Perhaps he was not privy to applicant information from years ago......

I get the feeling that the main obstacles for adding talent in the past went through many filters & those filters are no longer there in as great of numbers.....

.....never the less, it is a talent pool waiting to be resourced & possibly the only solution to keeping this 10 year old mod alive for years to come.

los dos pennies
 ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19-07-2014, 05:07:44 »
Now lets not bash Ts4EVER over the head as he has both hands (of very few) firmly holding the FH2 banner in the air.
He needs to be bashed because his consistent hostility towards suggestions is totally unproductive.  The Elitist, condescending attitude voiced by the most junior devs drives people out this community.   Plenty of people have had their work pissed all over by guys like him so they leave.  I don't know anyone who is withholding their work from the Devs.  Of course they would never deign to ask for it.

As for his BS comment about WaW, who built the ship for Omaha? That's right the WaW guy who is a FH2 Dev and a modeler.

.....never the less, it is a talent pool waiting to be resourced & possibly the only solution to keeping this 10 year old mod alive for years to come.
  Unfortunately, the tournament communities have very few active FH2 modelers and mappers left. 1/2 of the WaW map and modelling team is already a Dev.  F|H and 762 have like  1 or 2 guys each.

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19-07-2014, 08:07:27 »
well, waw devs and fh/762 devs  reach out your hands to the fh2 team and all have a big hug out!  maybe you can get some work done!   For the good of the mod!

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19-07-2014, 09:07:19 »
Relax guys. Much of the custom vehicles etc that waw uses for tourny and or public events is ported fh1 stuff, that while fun, does not fit in any shape or form in fh2. I should know, since i ported a large portion of said stuff. Anyhow, about the ship on omaha, it was modeled for fh2 by messiha, i dont think he ever was in waw? Atleast i cannot remember him from my 7 or so years in waw. Anyways, i coded much of that ship but thats it.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19-07-2014, 09:07:14 »
He needs to be bashed because his consistent hostility towards suggestions is totally unproductive.  The Elitist, condescending attitude voiced by the most junior devs drives people out this community.   Plenty of people have had their work pissed all over by guys like him so they leave.  I don't know anyone who is withholding their work from the Devs.  Of course they would never deign to ask for it.

As for his BS comment about WaW, who built the ship for Omaha? That's right the WaW guy who is a FH2 Dev and a modeler.

WTF? How was that condescending? Where did I piss over anyone's work? The only thing I did was express my confusion since there is no thread about any Pacific project anywhere, neither on the public nor the private forums. So what else am I supposed to say? And of course we have devs who also worked for WaW before, but there have been no applications from there in the latest past (and yes, I do see the application forum). Also, how am I supposed to know Messiha is from WaW? He certainly doesn't wear [WAW] tags or anything. Frankly, I'm a bit perplexed right now.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19-07-2014, 09:07:51 »
Messiha is not a WaW guy, AFAIK.

GeoPat, I suggest you either prove your points with hard facts or apologize to Ts4Ever straight away.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19-07-2014, 12:07:12 »
HQ conversion shouldn't be hard work. Especially there is a UV'ed low poly model to work as a solid template, and photoshop! I'd like to hear more about this subtopic.

But do the devs have them? Conversion of an object, for someone who barely starts should take less than doing the work from scratch. So less work, more profit.

As for F|H team, they are only mappers, and no modelers(except me who barely started to do work for BF2 and has no idea about the workflow as of right now, also without a working 3DSmax9 so has to rely on a shit tier PC to work with such software) afaik.

No idea about WaW but if(generally speaking) dev population is in a decline that is not a surprise, it is a natural cycle.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19-07-2014, 13:07:40 »
There is no need in coverting ships to FH2 right now, atleast not for the dev team. Focus is on eastern front. If you got knowledge in 3D and 2D art work, coding or mapping get in contact with the dev team and see where you can be a helping hand.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19-07-2014, 13:07:13 »
Yep, same with mapping. If you have experience mapping for a tournament and you apply, you WILL be taken. You can then start a map, with concept and gameplay plan (as seen in the dukla pass devblog) and once it is finished to FH2 standard, you are a dev.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19-07-2014, 13:07:37 »
Only thing I would have to agree with and what I have also mentioned in the past already is that there is still a lack of calling people for help and adressing the lack of developers in public. Most people on the forums realized it by statements somewhere in multiple threads, but not everyone reads forums.

So what about a FH2 update statement describing the current situation in the developer team, maybe telling who is working on what and trying to get some transparancy into what is going on behind the curtains as the average player has pretty much no clue about it.
While you are at it, you present what kind of help you could need and what skills and requirements are needed for an acceptable result. Additionally providing links to the respective guides that are all over across the FH2 forums and internet in general and it might give motivated people a push to get started.

I think TS made a great step with the guide for how to make an Eastern Front map for example, as it encourages people to do work within the devs standards. BUT: This is limited to people that read the forums at the moment.

Please make a FH2 update like this. It does not harm anyone and it is possible that it gets attention from people. As we can see with Fred's beautiful statics, single people can make the difference. It's not the first time I'm suggesting more transparancy and a more public way to adress problems.

So far this has always been ignored though.