Author Topic: Explosions from PR:BF2  (Read 729 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Explosions from PR:BF2
« on: 14-06-2014, 19:06:30 »
Hi everyone!

I was playing PR:BF2 the other day and when I came back playing FH2 the explosions effects were desappointing...

Is there any chance to get the permission from PR devs to have their particles effects?

It would be so damn nice!

Or at least to change them...

See below an example from youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tY4udJ5qMo

See you!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Explosions from PR:BF2
« Reply #1 on: 14-06-2014, 19:06:18 »
Aren't these: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16519.0 created by the same guy? I always wanted to see Bruno_gg's work in game, but AFAIK he never applied and disappeared a long time ago.
« Last Edit: 14-06-2014, 19:06:13 by jan_kurator »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-06-2014, 21:06:32 »
Both videos looks pretty impressive, but honestly I don't think that the FH explosions are bad at all, quite excellent actually. They linger for a while, are of the appropriate scale, etc.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-06-2014, 21:06:54 »
Yeah, I don't think these are decisively better than FH2s.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-06-2014, 22:06:24 »
While good looking, there's no denying that, I think they look bit out of place on BF2 based game. Everything else around is relatively low res textured and then there's this HD explosion  ::)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-06-2014, 22:06:31 »
Thanks for the answers!

I don't think that the current particle effects in FH2 are awesome...

If you watch "apacheclips" and see all the JDAMS, artillery and rockets explosions, the current FH2 package isn't realistic.

I mean, i'm a serviceman and when you see real rockets (AT4CS), grenades and rifle grenades explosions, PR ones are quite honestly more realistic than you may think.

So I don't know... I'm sure it's not a priority for the Devs at this time with the Eastern Front comming but PR got the FH2's Enfield model, why wouldn't they accept to share that?

And by the way, I use ENB to "enhance" the graphics and a soundmod to improve the audio part.
That's why FH2 lasts in time, it's moddable and when you want something even if it won't be forever, you can add something and change it again later...

Well... I would really enjoy to see the particle effects changed, but as I can see here, it's just my opinion..