Forgotten Hope 2 > General Discussion

Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights

(1/34) > >>

djinn:
I hope this gets stickied up eventually. What I want out of this thread is a running conversation about the highlights of the week on public servers.

Such as,
Which squad OWNED and how?
Which map was totally epic and how was that?
What exciting odd job did your squad get up to?
Who were the most notable players?
What were some frustrating scenarios and maps? Not the usual suspects. I want the specifics for this weekend.

So I begin.
Sadly, didn't note any outstanding players because I didn't play long.

Interesting yet frustrating scenarios were on Omaha, where I enjoyed my first ever first wave attack, and Tunis, where we quickly and coordinately took bases all the way to the market, then stalled at the last flag,
With squad leaders too excited to cap the final base and leading from the front into lafette mg fire OR like my particular squad leader, who had done a stellar job creating a forward spawn on the enemy flanks, decided to..., I dont know, go for a sandwich, and just lay in a door war, allowing us to spawn only one at a time, and watch our bleed from 450 down to 120 before we decided to create a new squad.

And yes, I TKed the guy before I created the new squad. im not proud, but at least I got him out of the doorway.m

On Omaha, it was similarly different. We captured the attack points easily enough, but seemed to run out of ideas capping the secondary bases and kept up the same failing tactic until our numbers run out.

Honestly, that map is easy once you stop the initial mgs, but there needed to be a clear strategy on a squad level that was lacking this time.

St. vith had a similar scenario. Can't understand why some squads just get created, have some odd guys milling around somewhere else instead of following the squad's attack, then when its time to repel the enemy they are standing in the rear contemplating their navals or something.

Odd jobs.
I had an interesting job on the 1st half of El Alamein, following my squad leader as a scout. We laid in the thin brush calling arty on Kidney ridge and spotting tanks until our armor coupd stewmroll the hill. It was like clockwork. The jerries did give us a bit of trouble taking the hill with infantry but calling in smoke and HE finally prevailed.

But like the past maps, our squad then decided to just stand around on the hill doing god knows what...

LuckyOne:
The only problem of FH2... lack of leadership... A few charismatic SLs (yes even Damaso's Teamwork Dictatorialshipment squad can be an enjoyable experience) make the whole game a lot better and fluid.

But leading is hard, and old vets get annoyed fast if someone decides to step up, so most rounds end up with people derping around instead of giving a proper fight.

I suppose it's just like real life, without anyone to follow, people just give up or fail ! :D

djinn:
Some times, leading isn't from the front. Every time I'm with a squad without a proactive squad leader, I, or another vet steps up, he may not be a rally point, but he dictates the strategy, and most newbie squad leaders latch on to that and position themselves to be useful.

Still, I have a lot more fun, no matter how bad it gets, which is something that didn't use to be the case.
So things are improving.

Matthew_Baker:
I like this thread :) once I get my shit together with my computer I can start playing properly again and contribute to it. Until then I'll live vicariously through you guys ;) keep the stories coming, I like the After Action reports about how the rounds went.

djinn:
How has been your experience with 2.47 this weekend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version