Author Topic: Correct Animations  (Read 1292 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Correct Animations
« on: 22-05-2014, 04:05:01 »
The Boys Anti-Tank rifle's animations are really jumbled up. The bi-pod re-tracts without reason and the re-loading animations are edgy, too. The Webley's animation seem fine to those who never saw how it operates in reality. This is what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXttUfJdQYE I tried to find someone properly operating a real one, but the TW trailer illustrated it best. Hint: The shells in the cylinder get ejected automatically when you open the action. I am awre of the fact that We are not exactly having an abundance of developers with an endless amount of time on their hands, but I do consider these changes quite important. The most important change that I would like to suggest however are proper crawling animations. The current abominations really hurt the game a lot. I know, you cannot re-load and dive at the same time if we implement this, but it is impossible in reality as well and is an immersion-breaker of the same dimension as bunny-hopping and dophin-diving.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Correct Animations
« Reply #1 on: 02-06-2014, 09:06:18 »
Could I please have any feedback on this? Many weapons got new, better animations and in my eyes these are long overdue.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-06-2014, 22:06:08 »
The devs are probably currently lacking manpower in the animation department, give them a break! :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-06-2014, 09:06:18 »
I know, it is just that these two weapons still have awkward and wrong animations. In fact, we could also use new British and Italian player models for NA, since both are wearing more or less in-correct uniforms. The Webley model is also missing the fore-sight screw and the hammer is really rough, too  :-\ . I know that the developers are working mainly on new content for the Eastern Front, but these things de-grade the entire mod, the reason being that FH2 is near perfect, so im-perfections like that stand out. I would like to use this opportunity to thank all developers, both past as well as present, fir their splendid work.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-06-2014, 18:06:19 »
I'm quite shocked that there are players who care about such details...  ::)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-06-2014, 19:06:56 »
FH2 focuses on historical accuracy and these are big mistakes. If you own and use the equipment and wear the uniforms yourself, these mistakes become even more apparent.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-06-2014, 19:06:43 »
Well yeah, theres plenty of these things. Such as the fact that the soldier rips off the magazines of various Thompson models without pressing the release lever, firing the M1A1 with safety on etc.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-06-2014, 02:06:47 »
Before even that, I'd make the feet of .50cal AA gunners move, and GP machine gunners swivel with their guns. Same for First person prone with weapon.

It may not be weapon handling but it's a lot more immersion breaking than the gun animations which I believe are considerably harder to do due to the moving parts. There simply are too few Devs at this time

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-11-2014, 00:11:56 »
I had a question about multiple loading animations, I know its not suppose to be possible on the BF2 engine, but how does the rifle grenade animation work?  The first round you have to install the launcher, but the second round just loads the blank bullet and the grenade.  So how does that work its clearly to different moves for the same thing.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-11-2014, 00:11:22 »
The first animation you see is the deploy animation, not the reload. The reload is the second half of the grenade launcher.

As far as, empty and full clip reloads are concerned, thats not possible as far as I know.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-11-2014, 00:11:56 »
AFAIK it is possible in singleplayer. Some mods have that.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-11-2014, 06:11:11 »
The first animation you see is the deploy animation, not the reload. The reload is the second half of the grenade launcher.

As far as, empty and full clip reloads are concerned, thats not possible as far as I know.
Well would it be possible to use the "deploy" animation to have different loading animations for empty vs partial loads?

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27-11-2014, 08:11:48 »
No, cause the triggers are different. The Deploy is a Startup Trigger, in other words, when the weapon is initialized, and the reload is a Message Trigger, and is triggered when the game recieves a message to reload the weapon.